Megaman 9[56k warning i think]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karuno said:
Personally, I prefer the classic Mega Man graphics over the current ones.
Mystic said:
I personally think this is an absolutely brilliant move, especially with the 8-bit graphics. Yes it would look better with more modern graphics, but intentionally choosing not to shows some artistic direction that could lead to brilliance.

Personally, I loved how, for instance, Pokemon D/P used a 3D engine yet intentionally made it look like a tiled original GB game. While it makes it look less impressive, it also looked really unique compared to everything else that was out at the time. A new 8-bit styled game will certainly look different from most new titles, that's for sure.
These two quotes pretty much sum up my thoughts on Megaman 9

This is absolutely astounding, I cannot believe that Capcom actually is continuing the Classic series. It's a bit hard for me to take it in actually, I never would have thought that Inafune would pull something like this off. I guess having WiiWare titles is perfect for something like this, I really can't wait. And lol @ Splash Woman, she should be an interesting boss.

Actually Megaman 9 is really just a remake of Megaman 1(They said it in the E3 demo, go youtube). Its not a continuation, more like something for Capcom to stop receiving all those bloody hate mails.

supersonic45 said:
Actually Megaman 9 is really just a remake of Megaman 1(They said it in the E3 demo, go youtube). Its not a continuation, more like something for Capcom to stop receiving all those bloody hate mails.
You Fail It
<!>

I hope this game's music is as kickass as it was for the first 3 games. Even though 4, 6 and 7 had some decent tunes (moreso with 7 than the other 2), I always thought the older ones had much better music.

Now if only I had internet, so I could actually play the damn game.

Personally, I liked the whole classic Megaman series' music, though I think 5 was probably my favorite. Then again, MM5 was also the easiest game out of them all. :P

As I've heard from trailers and an E3 Youtube video, the music is as good as it was 25 years ago; I think the trailer music for Tornado Man's stage speaks for itself. As for the game itself, it shouldn't be any worse than your average NES Megaman game, I'm sure.

I lol'd at the boxart. Capcom's obviously poking fun at themselves with MM1 and MM2's boxart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back