Mighty No. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I at least got my new MegaMan fix through Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt. Both are actually really good, unique games like MegaMan X and Classic respectively, and I think I'd recommend those over No. 9 anytime.
If anime doesn't bother you, I also recommend Rosenkreuzstilette and its sequel. Unlike most doujin Mega Man clones, it has a reasonable difficulty and very much understands what was good about classic Mega Man.

If anime doesn't bother you, I also recommend Rosenkreuzstilette and its sequel. Unlike most doujin Mega Man clones, it has a reasonable difficulty and very much understands what was good about classic Mega Man.
I can confirm, Rosenkreuzstilette is damn good. (If impossible to remember how to spell it).

But regarding Mighty No. 9, I'm really curious to know where this game went so wrong. Because Keiji Inafune has a lot of experience under his belt and Inti Creates have made some really good platformers in the past.

It's probably a case of the project scope expanding too far to be manageable as the budget increased. But I'd love to find out exactly what caused the project to collapse and become a mediocre disaster.

It's no Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, but it's still pretty bad considering the team behind the game and the high budget.

Yeah. I'm aware of that other thread wait wuh-oh what am I talking about thanks Mystic. Pretty pointless to reply to this one since it's just about three years old again Mystic's doing. But uh, y'know, this is an attempt that's better than nothing, right point diverted thanks to Mystic? Haha. Hopefully I don't sound like I'm using an opportunity to jab some point across or anything actually this was going good but now it's a no-go because Mystic merged the two threads.

But um. Play Shovel Knight if you require a Mega Man fix or something. Only had $312K pledged into it, and look at where it went and where it is now. Like, it doesn't make sense to have $3.8 million toward the game and it looks like that vs. Shovel Knight at 8% of that sum and it's all pixels and it looks so much better.

indie gaaaaaaaames

Last edited:
I think it was kind of worth it. Not really. I don't know. I fucked myself up when Brand had one more hit left only to rage quit after I got a game over. So it definitely gets the job done.

My perception of the game went from "Not-Megaman" to "Not-Quite-Megaman" fairly quick, but it's still fun. And feels familiar since I've been playing through Megaman ZX.
I'd say definitely play it, but I wouldn't pay for it if I hadn't already backed it during the kickstarter.

Megaman lives once more!

Seriously, this makes me so glad. I was sad to see Capcom nix the entire Megaman franchise. With titles like Megaman Zero 1-4, ZX, and Megaman Legends, it's one of my all time favorite series, and it's awesome to see it won't die out like it looked like. Keiji Inafune is a genius, and I hope him and his team fully accomplish the goal and are able to produce some gems with the same quality gameplay and story that their previous titles have had.

In retrospect, this is really, really funny.

"genius" indeed!

Threads merged because we don't need two threads on the same topic at the same time.

Also, nice to see at least someone has a sense of humor about it, Charybdizs. So many people forget how hyped everyone was for this at the start.

You know, as much as I'd like to see a new megaman title, somehow I'm not really disappointed by how bad this looks.

I guess given the failed reboots like Duke Nukem Forever and the entirety of the Sonic franchise, I kinda just subconsciously expect shit like this to bomb.

Jump on the hate bandwagon! But hey, I guess I can give Rosenkreuzstilette a shot.

Welp, I purchased the game on the console. (Actually, my dad did, and I thank him for that but back on topic.) I think the game is good. Is it as good as people expected it to be? Probably not, and it can be REALLY cheap at times! (Mighty No 1 Kamikaze) But, it can be fun. The graphics could be better, but for what I expected, I got a pretty fun experience out of it! (Oh, and Ray is worth the extra money. She is awesome!)

I didn't even get my code to download the game, yet was a backer...

I don't think you're alone. I've heard there's been issues where people get the wrong rewards / don't get their code. The whole kickstarter's a mess.

I'm glad to see how much money was raised for Mighty No. 9. I bet they weren't expecting to have $4 million by the end of the campaign. I can't wait for this to be released.
Oh man...only if I knew three years earlier that this was going to be a train wreck... I'm also disappointed in myself for donating to Mighty No. 9 way back when. How do you honestly mess up a game with a budget of $4 million? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Well, I at least got my new MegaMan fix through Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt. Both are actually really good, unique games like MegaMan X and Classic respectively, and I think I'd recommend those over No. 9 anytime.
I actually just picked up Azure Striker Gunvolt off of Steam. Thanks for the recommendation, can't wait to play it!

Oh man...only if I knew three years earlier that this was going to be a train wreck... I'm also disappointed in myself for donating to Mighty No. 9 way back when. How do you honestly mess up a game with a budget of $4 million? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

They bit off more than they can chew by introducing unreasonable stretch goals that were beyond their workload.

The irony is that Mighty No. 9 may have been a better game if the kickstarter wasn't as successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back