The Final Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalGear said:
wow
at least YOU guys reached egg rock zone....

ohai there gear

Racking up the lives isn't that hard, you guys. I started a new game and stocked up on them the moment I started.

Just kill any baddie you see, collect every ring in site. You don't always have to look for life monitors.

[spoiler:1bf43c5fae]Jump on his head and jump off real quick. After about 5 times he destroys the middle platform and you have to throw missles back at him.[/spoiler:1bf43c5fae]

Chrispy said:
[spoiler:45c5e934f9]Jump on his head and jump off real quick. After about 5 times he destroys the middle platform and you have to throw missles back at him.[/spoiler:45c5e934f9]

[spoiler:45c5e934f9]It doesn't work if hes shooting. Remember that[/spoiler:45c5e934f9]

Odd thing is, the boss never broke the middle platform in my gameplay.
As for the alternate way to hit, it's quite tricky as Knuckles.
[spoiler:5bc6292cea]You have to spindash on that floating platform and jump as soon as you release it(Glide if you need to.), but don't stay for too long, or you'll fall along with the platform.[/spoiler:5bc6292cea]
As for Sonic and Tails, it's quite easy to hit it.
[spoiler:5bc6292cea]For Sonic, run then jump as high as you can, once you've reached the head, thok so that you can avoid the attack. As for Tails, spindash and jump and then, at the right moment, fly.[/spoiler:5bc6292cea]

Brown the dog said:
Odd thing is, the boss never broke the middle platform in my gameplay.
As for the alternate way to hit, it's quite tricky as Knuckles.
[spoiler:51de9e0348]You have to spindash on that floating platform and jump as soon as you release it(Glide if you need to.), but don't stay for too long, or you'll fall along with the platform.[/spoiler:51de9e0348]
As for Sonic and Tails, it's quite easy to hit it.
[spoiler:51de9e0348]For Sonic, run then jump as high as you can, once you've reached the head, thok so that you can avoid the attack. As for Tails, spindash and jump and then, at the right moment, fly.[/spoiler:51de9e0348]
[spoiler:51de9e0348] i just jump back and forth over his head with sonic and tails, no abilities involved and i hit 6 times and he breaks the mid platform. With Knux its hard though ill have to try what you said [/spoiler:51de9e0348]

I've been having a lot of trouble with the boss as Tails. I know more or less what I'm supposed to do, but it's easier said than done because if I somehow manage to score a hit I usually fly off into space and die because I didn't jump or something. Oh and that sticky attack is really annoying, it's caught me in mid-flight a few times and I have no choice but to die.

Then I got a random segment violation error and the game crashed for no apparent reason. I still had like 6 lives to lose still. (Figures after I go through all that trouble beating ERZ and getting the last two Emeralds, though I can always get them again I suppose. Granted ERZ1 isn't that hard for me now. If you can make it through the level in one life you can access that second Emerald Token near the end!)

If you would like to know how the Final Boss really works, click the spoiler.

[spoiler:82195378b1]
srb20006-1.png

This is your actual size compared to Black Eggman, your shrunken down to make him look bigger, I'm guessing they did this so the sprite wouldn't look ugly when stretched.

srb20008-5.png

The entire map of ERZ3.[/spoiler:82195378b1]

[spoiler:c3fde5bf53]XD I didn't think they would shrink you. So that's why it is harder to jump around and grab the missiles.[/spoiler:c3fde5bf53]

Jacy said:
[spoiler:269e7b8c8f]XD I didn't think they would shrink you. So that's why it is harder to jump around and grab the missiles.[/spoiler:269e7b8c8f]

[spoiler:269e7b8c8f]They increased the gravity too.[/spoiler:269e7b8c8f]

SpiritCrusher said:
D00D64 said:
[spoiler:4da3393b4a]They increased the gravity too.[/spoiler:4da3393b4a]
They decreased it.

Where have YOU been? You jump MUCH higher in the battle.

EDIT: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

I GET IT NOW
I'M AN IDIOT FOLKS

Still, it's actually EASIER for me.

D00D64 said:
SpiritCrusher said:
D00D64 said:
[spoiler:5f90629025]They increased the gravity too.[/spoiler:5f90629025]
They decreased it.

I GET IT NOW
I'M AN IDIOT FOLKS
I knew you meant the right thing. But that doesn't make you an idiot...

D00D64 said:
SpiritCrusher said:
D00D64 said:
[spoiler:3025894c12]They increased the gravity too.[/spoiler:3025894c12]
They decreased it.

I GET IT NOW
I'M AN IDIOT FOLKS

Still, it's actually EASIER for me.
I lol'd at this.

Yeah, the decreased gravity is the only way the boss would be as easy as it is. The jump height is necessary just to get on the highest platforms. Excluding missiles and whatever.

Blue Warrior said:
Yeah, the decreased gravity is the only way the boss would be as easy as it is. The jump height is necessary just to get on the highest platforms. Excluding missiles and whatever.
Easy? Anyways, it would make it impossible for Knux. He needs the higher platforms.

Easy, relative to how it would have been otherwise. The boss would still be possible, but only marginally, since you would only be able to attack by using missiles.

Blue Warrior said:
Easy, relative to how it would have been otherwise. The boss would still be possible, but only marginally, since you would only be able to attack by using missiles.
Oh, I forgot. I still can't navigate the missiles into Eggman, and thus, complete the game. I must be doing something wrong...

[spoiler:f620836f16]Up and down keys steer the vertical direction of the missile, left and right control the horizontal. Jump off to a nearby platform before the missile hits Black Robotnik or you're toast.[/spoiler:f620836f16]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back