Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannyness

Hi there.
:P I was wondering, i'm considering downloading this game, and I wondered... is it worth it? I'm worried about viruses and so forth. Plus, if it IS worth downloading, is it worth getting the addons too? :D

:D Thanks for reading. :D

Uh, we don't have viruses. Trust me, if we had viruses in our software, you'd be hearing of it a LOT more than you currently do (ie: currently, not at all).

It is kind of worth it if you say so because the final update comes somewhere
late 2007 or 2008. So I would say download it now and practice playing it.

Well I am pretty certain that SRB2 isnt filled with viruses. After all I doubt the project would have lasted for so long if it was really a scheme to trick people into downloading something malicous.

Also the more successful and well made add-ons are more than worth your time to download. After all the level packs and mods will give you a lot more playtime, along with quite a bit of enjoyment.

go to youtube and look up SRB2 and see if it looks good to you. I guarantee there ar no viruses.

You may want to limit your color and smiley usage. It could annoy other users. Also, there are no viruses in SRB2. I don't know why you people always seem to think there might be.

To answer your question Hanny, it has no viruses at all. No spyware, no worms, trojans, or any other malicious code (in other words, the type of files that would allow hackers to access your files, destroy your computer, etc.). It is quite fun, and it has a beautiful 3D environment for a fan-made Sonic game. It also is able to connect to the internet, and play with other players worldwide! It has several different modes, tons of levels, many secrets, 3 characters to start with, but you can download more (there are more than 50 made, guaranteed. Just check the addon page), and you can even make your own!

It's worth it. If you need information about it, just check the main page, and read the manual too.

Thanks for replying.

I'll take your advice and cut down on the smilies and colour. :D (oops)
Thanks for replying. But there is no need to get irritated with me. ;) It's just that recently I found 211 viruses/spyware on ONE SCAN, and i'd never heard of this game before today. So i'm a little wary, plus my dad once downloaded a popular fangame for me (Mario or sumat) and it crashed the whole system. Thanks for taking the time.

Honestly, you can use colors a lot more than smileys (in this case, but still, please don't use them that often), but they do get irritating. You should try to limit the amount of smileys to either 0 or 1 per post. Also, you should remove them from your signature.

Other than that, I doubt anyone will be to hard on you.

FuriousFox said:
I don't know why you people always seem to think there might be.

I do. See, there are 4 types of computer/internet users:
  • The intelligent people who understand how to correctly maintain their machine and hence don't worry about viruses so much.
  • The intelligent people who are also paranoid. They sit there and worry that everything on the internet is infested with some form of malware or another. These are also the same people who freak out about "CHAT ROOMZ! EBIL!" and scare anyone they know by incessantly reminding them about the evils on the internet and that they're always and totally at risk.
  • The idiot that worries about nothing and allow anything and everything onto their machine and do nothing about malware because they can't/don't care.
  • The idiot who listens to the paranoid intelligence. These people have no knowledge of the internet and how it works, but everything is a virus and it's their job to defend the innocent internet bystanders!

People #2 & #4 are what we're generally dealing with when it's "Does this have a virus?" or "VIRUSES IN SRB2!!!!111"

If the game had viruses, do you really think we'd have an active messageboard full of people that play the game?
As for finding 211 viruses, that would just eat your machine alive. But finding 211 spyware files really isn't that big of a deal. I once did a scan and found about 500..

Re: Thanks for replying.

Hannyness said:
plus my dad once downloaded a popular fangame for me (Mario or sumat) and it crashed the whole system.
It was probably a DOS game or something. If you fell for that, then no, you probably shouldn't download this game; we've got enough people like you as it is.

It's deffenently worth downloading. Before I down loaded it I read the reviews and they said it was AWSOME. I definantally recomend it

Re: Thanks for replying.

Ritz said:
It was probably a DOS game or something. If you fell for that said:
That's pretty rude, you know. :( I'm not just a n00b, i've played the very first Sonic game, and the 2nd, 3rd. ETC. I'm no newbie. I just worry like that, and I wanted to make sure. Personally, I think it's people liike YOU who shouldn't come on, because there is already too many rude, insolent and plain arrogant people on here. No offense.
Have a nice day, fellow Nice People.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back