OpenGL Crazy Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan The SeaFox

stars don't twinkle...
I am now playing srb2 in my new windows 8.1. But then when I was going to play with openGL, the screen just stays black... Please I need some help here because playing with no opengl lags a lot! :(

Did you try srb2win with OpenGL? If so, try srb2dd with OpenGL instead. Or the other way around. Also, does sound play even though the screen is black? (That knowledge is not useful to me, but it may be valuable to other people.)

Try running srb2win.exe in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
If you don't know how to do this, right click srb2win.exe, select Properties, go to the Compatibility section, check Run this program in compatibility mode for:, then select Windows 7 in the drop-down box. When that's done, click Apply to save the changes then try opening SRB2 again.

Did you try srb2win with OpenGL? If so, try srb2dd with OpenGL instead. Or the other way around. Also, does sound play even though the screen is black? (That knowledge is not useful to me, but it may be valuable to other people.)

Still not working.. and yes, the song plays while the screen is black..

What about olders r_opengl.dll?Try the ones from earlier 2.1.x versions, they might work better (I hope.)

r_opengl.dll is only used by srb2dd and using previous versions may cause crashes due to incompatibilities. It is compiled alongside SRB2 and an API change will break things entirely, so don't ever do this (not that it will be relevant after I do my planned GL changes).

The problem lies with your Windows installation not having the vendor specific video driver and only a WDDM one, I would wager. Try installing the video driver for your device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back