• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Not sure if I'll finish this but here's a little preview.

That looks awful, even for joke wad standards. It's not something I would ever use.
For one, the walking sprites are nonexistent, the overall spriting needs a lot of work to even be close to passable.
Once again, I understand it's a joke wad, but it's a terrible looking joke wad.

Once again, I understand it's a joke wad, but it's a terrible looking joke wad.

Well no fucking shit.

The thing about a jokewad is that its usually a reference to something else on the internet, and you shouldn't bash what you don't know about in case that's the entire joke. People who do this just look like complete idiots; you really should've just asked first or given the magical land of Google a try.

Last edited:
Well no fucking shit.

The thing about a jokewad is that its usually a reference to something else on the internet, and you shouldn't bash what you don't know about in case that's the entire joke. People who do this just look like complete idiots, and you really should've just asked first or took the magical land of Google as a way out.

How do I google something I don't know about?
I'm not sure that joke wad is a reference to anything, I haven't seen it before. Either way, poorly made wads are distasteful, and going "OH, IT'S A JOKE WAD!" doesn't give bad quality an excuse.

I find this hard to believe considering you've supported not only poorly made joke-wads before (banana), but just distasteful made jokes in general (April 1st).

How do I google something I don't know about?
I'm not sure that joke wad is a reference to anything, I haven't seen it before. Either way, poorly made wads are distasteful, and going "OH, IT'S A JOKE WAD!" doesn't give bad quality an excuse.

Obviously you have yet to see the OLDC and its fantastic jokes though out its years. Because the joke wads that came out of that, was much worse then the wad that BlueBlurForever is making. Also if you have no idea who that is in that wad. Its Chip McCallahan, from the the MS version of Chip's Challenge. It was one of the most fantastic games of its time, and pretty much people who played it back in the day still plays it in it's emulation form called Tile World. This is what it looks like in its emulation form.

2k4peg.png

And also I think BlueBlurForever might be doing something like this hack did.

Chip McCallahan in Sonic the Hedgehog

Last edited:
Manray Zone! (Name might change). A Snow-winter-like level. What? The Doctor making something that isn't a replica of something else?!

ab4b024fce9eeb742bb324e80c715331.gif

455c180b8eca6e8a40f37cec8923e582.gif

40b55916b00be1b112c0a4fc5aae35f0.gif

3eb3687b9bb7591798beda4266c184bf.gif

f8f97a92cc3b0b8e64f511d9f9b822ee.gif

Last edited:
Manray Zone! (Name might change). A Snow-winter-like level. What? The Doctor making something that isn't a replica of something else?!

ab4b024fce9eeb742bb324e80c715331.gif

455c180b8eca6e8a40f37cec8923e582.gif

40b55916b00be1b112c0a4fc5aae35f0.gif

3eb3687b9bb7591798beda4266c184bf.gif

f8f97a92cc3b0b8e64f511d9f9b822ee.gif

your-brain-manray.jpg

MANRAY ZONE!?!?!?

In all seriousness, it looks like a good start, but I've never been a big fan of those checkered wall textures. GFZ's I've been fine with since it is GHZ-esque, but the christmas ones bugged me for some reason I cannot explain.

your-brain-manray.jpg

MANRAY ZONE!?!?!?

In all seriousness, it looks like a good start, but I've never been a big fan of those checkered wall textures. GFZ's I've been fine with since it is GHZ-esque, but the christmas ones bugged me for some reason I cannot explain.

You my friend have actually discovered the reason why the map is called such. When spongebob says he is frozen in some sort of tarder sauce, and Patrick repeats 'fro' mimicking the word frozen.

I might change the checkered textures though.

Obviously you have yet to see the OLDC and its fantastic jokes though out its years. Because the joke wads that came out of that, was much worse then the wad that BlueBlurForever is making. Also if you have no idea who that is in that wad. Its Chip McCallahan, from the the MS version of Chip's Challenge. It was one of the most fantastic games of its time, and pretty much people who played it back in the day still plays it in it's emulation form called Tile World. This is what it looks like in its emulation form.

2k4peg.png

And also I think BlueBlurForever might be doing something like this hack did.

Chip McCallahan in Sonic the Hedgehog

I apologize then, BlueBlurForever. I wasn't aware that the source sprites are from an old game. It would be cool if you could remake them though. Kind of like a 'remaster' or something?

Beta%20Up%20and%20Down.JPG

Basic image of a match map I am working on purely for fun, since I doubt the finished thing would pass submissions. Speaking of which, hopefully, the finished thing will look like this.

Foto%2BBomberman%2B64.jpg

Also, it seems the game crashes whenever I try to open the map up and test what little I have so far, and I do have player spawns. Anyone know why it keeps crashing?

eCYUEXb.gif

Get hype. Still really unfinished, as I plan for stars to be expended while using any sort of special action such as charging a spindash or simply shooting them like this. The Spark Burst from Great Divide will find it's way here with the purpose of sticking landings much like the homing attack used to do.

@Metal Blake: Do any errors appear in DooM Builder? Are you using any custom textures? Did you modify the MAINCFG? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are at risk of making a mistake in one of these topics. Ask your doctor if double checking these catagories is the best choice for you. Warning, side effects involve rage, mistakes, confusion, more crashes, thoughts of suicide or death.

@Jasper Dat character is so cute. And I don't say that word often. Looks like a cool ability. Is that a multiability or a limited amount of times you could do that?

@Metal Blake: Do any errors appear in DooM Builder? Are you using any custom textures? Did you modify the MAINCFG? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are at risk of making a mistake in one of these topics. Ask your doctor if double checking these catagories is the best choice for you. Warning, side effects involve rage, mistakes, confusion, more crashes, thoughts of suicide or death.

There were no errors in DooM Builder, I used no custom textures, but I did have to manually add in a MAINCFG, as DooM Builder never added one in from what I saw. I'll look more into that. Also, the MAINCFG I added was a copy paste of one from the Genocide pack, which I simply added to point to the correct map and a different song, which started once the map was selected.

EDIT: This is exactly what my MAINCFG says.

Code:
Level CC
Levelname = Up and Down
Act = 0
MusicSlot = 184
NextLevel = ME
TypeOfLevel = Match,Tag
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 98

Do you see any problems with it, as I have no clue, in fact this is my first map, and I'm already trying to do FOFs and staircases. Probably should have started with something simpler to get the hang of it first.

Last edited:
@Jasper Dat character is so cute. And I don't say that word often. Looks like a cool ability. Is that a multiability or a limited amount of times you could do that?

It will be limited to as many stars the player currently has, though it can be used as long as you still have stars in reserve. 10 is the maximum amount of stars and they'll slowly regenerate over time. Since I haven't programmed that part yet, I just set the amount of stars he can shoot in one jump 5 for now (so basically 5 times).

Last edited:
There were no errors in DooM Builder, I used no custom textures, but I did have to manually add in a MAINCFG, as DooM Builder never added one in from what I saw. I'll look more into that. Also, the MAINCFG I added was a copy paste of one from the Genocide pack, which I simply added to point to the correct map and a different song, which started once the map was selected.

Code:
Level CC
Levelname = Up and Down
Act = 0
MusicSlot = 184
NextLevel = ME
TypeOfLevel = Match,Tag
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 98

Do you see any problems with it, as I have no clue, in fact this is my first map, and I'm already trying to do FOFs and staircases. Probably should have started with something simpler to get the hang of it first.

Unless if I'm wrong, aren't you supposed to use number instead of letters for map numbers? even if it is their name. You should have a check on the wiki.

eCYUEXb.gif

Get hype. Still really unfinished, as I plan for stars to be expended while using any sort of special action such as charging a spindash or simply shooting them like this. The Spark Burst from Great Divide will find it's way here with the purpose of sticking landings much like the homing attack used to do.
The ambiguously gendered lord nonose returns! ;v;

Do you plan on adding a meter for the stars? Also, how do stars regenerate?

Code:
Level CC
Levelname = Up and Down
Act = 0
MusicSlot = 184
NextLevel = ME
TypeOfLevel = Match,Tag
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 98

Nonsense! My first map was a 2D recreation of splash hill zone. The best place to start is the place where you can get lots of experience. I see nothing wrong with it. Where is the maincfg file located in the wad? Try to move the maincfg file to the very top or the very bottom of the wad list thingy.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back