Youtube got updated to Widescreen format And FULL HD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems as though I'm not the first to notice this.
I'm not fond of widescreen videos. There must be a way to disable it.

The old videos have a huge black border around the video. It's not a big of a problem, but I think it should be enabled when you are uploading a video with a certain ratio aspect (16:9 - Widescreen).

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

There is. Last I checked, &fmt=18 goes back to the original 4:3 aspect, which is sorta ironic. Less is more...?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

I agree with this post. I'm used to how it was before and the fact that related videos on the side are smaller.

Spazzo said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
There is. Last I checked, &fmt=18 goes back to the original 4:3 aspect, which is sorta ironic. Less is more...?
Tried this on several videos. Doesn't seem to work.

I don't get Youtube.

The high quality thing is ideal, and there are very few situations in which low quality would be preferred. So they make it a small option that only appears on half the videos, while the rest have to be manually put in the URL.

Meanwhile, this widescreen thing would only really look nice when posting illegal copies of movies 'n stuff, so they turn it on automatically for all videos, and make it so you have to put something in the URL to turn it off?

This supports my "Youtube is run by monkeys" theory.

Draykon said:
I don't get Youtube.

The high quality thing is ideal, and there are very few situations in which low quality would be preferred. So they make it a small option that only appears on half the videos, while the rest have to be manually put in the URL.

Meanwhile, this widescreen thing would only really look nice when posting illegal copies of movies 'n stuff, so they turn it on automatically for all videos, and make it so you have to put something in the URL to turn it off?

Youtube is not run by monkeys! IT'S RUN BY "MONKEY-LIKE" PEOPLE!

Earuto said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

I agree with this post. I'm used to how it was before and the fact that related videos on the side are smaller.

I agree too, the old full screen is better than seeing black boarders

Draykon said:
I don't get Youtube.

*turns Draykon into a monkey*
*puts a crown on Draykon*
Okay Monkey Monarch, go rule them and fix Youtube.

*SOCced out of existance*

I hate the new youtube format.

If youtube looks at this...

PLZ PUT IT BACK TO NORMAL!!! IT MAKES MY EYES FEEL BUGGY LOOKING AT IT!!!!!!!

If not... plz post it in a place where any youtube developer will see it if you have an account...

This happened while I was one YouTube from the Wii. I thought I did something wrong but it's kind of cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back