Can't Save in Modded Vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitoCain

Problem: Can't Save while using Sonic 3 & K abilities Lua with Vanilla SRB2.

Expanded: I found that I could save when loading a wad pack behind the lua file, but seeing as I don't know of a "vanilla" wad, I am looking for a solution that allows me to save while still playing the base game/levels, as I only have time for one or 2 levels while dealing with my 4 year old child.

I also am aware that this is in place to prevent people from loading overpowered socs/lua files and just unlocking everything in one button press, but can anyone help?

If you want to keep a stable save file, you have to play the game in vanilla without wads.

However, you can technically make your own game save within a wad in the MAINCFG and create new save data. (I can't remember how to do it and i don't have a wad to open so refer to the wiki.)

A quick way to do this is to make a wad that adds a custom savedata.
You could download SLADE (A wad editor) and create a wad file, then add a new entry called MAINCFG.

Select MAINCFG, and press edit as text and copypaste this into the Box that appears:
Code:
MAINCFG CATEGORY
CustomVersion = version 2.1.14
GameData = customvanilla.dat
#

This will create a new .dat file in your SRB2 folder, which will allow you to play with your own wads, socs and lua files. Just be sure to load all your custom files first before loading the wad with the MAINCFG.
I'm willing to do all this for you and PM it to you if you get confused though.

Last edited:
Beautiful, and thank you both. Its been a long time (since 2004?) since I dealt with editing wads, but I think I can manage this.

Edit: I got it to work flawlessly! Thank you Snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back