Fixed SOCEdit crashes with 2.0.5 source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

Dead Guybrush in netgames
Using the 2.0.5 version source folder as the path to SRB2 code results in SOCEdit stop working when clicking on the Things button.

This is most likely related to the fact that a new thing was introduced (the player's name shown above the player on multiplayer games, I think) and consequently there's a new version of the file info.c, which I assume it's the file that SOCEdit uses, with the help of comments within the file, to display source code information.

Whether it's a problem with the program or a problem with the info.c comments I'll leave that for you devs to figure out and hopelly fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... should have looked into it a bit more.

I didn't notice the addition of a new mobjinfo_t field and as such assumed wrongly it was the new thing's fault. I guess it doesn't really make sense to assume that anyway, given that SOCEdit is most likely ready to read the source independently of the number of things/states/etc but not ready to understand a new field.

In the interim, could you provide a link for the 2.0.4 source code, so that those of us who threw it out when we got the new version can use it until this is fixed?

[11:36] <+Alam_Squeeze> haha
[11:37] <+Alam_Squeeze> we have this crash fixed in the trunk branch but noone merge it into 2.0.x...

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back