• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

dat 2.2 palette tho!

Man Roach you gotta stop hyping 2.2. I'd step on an 18 billion dollar check at this point for 2.2.

Did i mention that was my favorite colour? Haha. THE HYPE NEVER ENDS!
We know. Because you stated that before. On topic, it's glorious that we get more skin colours, Also is the current purple renamed to magenta in 2.2? I'm excited to play as the new Sonic and (most likely) Tails.

No funny captions at the moment.

uB7y4tI.png

Speaking of 2.2 colours.... what is this colour call above?

Aquamarine's name was later shortened to Aqua, but yes.

There's two other names that were added at a later date, in non-public commits - Purple (think Big the cat) and Pastel (think Blaze the cat). I think there might've been one more but I honestly can't remember and it's 1am so ZZZZZZ

Not much has been shown about smiles, aside from an waiting animation and his work-in-progress tails. How is he going?

He's been almost playable but missing a handful of key frames (fall, bubble breathe, flying, ledge tilt, spindash charge and rope hang, if you're curious) and needing further cleanup (mostly on his walking frames, which were animated from scratch over the course of one day per angle average back in September) for months now. Also, the deficiency of tails from angles other than the horizontal makes jumping awkward right now. I'll show off a very pretty gif once that's done.

I'm the lead on him, and I've been beset by examinations that make life outside of them difficult to live. They're over by this Saturday, though, so hopefully I should be able to make more frequent teases.

Dear VAda's also got a solid claim to fame for keeping progress going during this rut and helping with some alternate heads. Moto's shaping the tails, which is definitely a ton of work - but it's still a little sad his topic (instead of mine) absorbs the public questions about the bulk of the work when he's a veteran at this and I'm just starting out (silly vads doesn't have a topic, so I guess you couldn't post there). But it's okay, we're all adults here, I can accept a few blows to my ego because I haven't shown off any public progress for a while...

Last edited:
I'm still busy as heck, but I was curious to see how Vector would look if I mixed in features of his modern design.

A8YIl3h.png

1. Classic
2. Classic with modern gear
3. Hybrid between classic and modern (CZ64's Vector inspired)

If I ever get to make a wad of him, I'll most likely go with 1, but hey! Tell me which one you like the most anyway.

VAtTDB8.png

Full-on Modern Vector!

These all look amazing, I love it when Roach gives a 2D character a 3D look.

Although if you do plan on making him, don't be surprised when people FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM full of Vector's sprites.

Nice job! you will continue the project of the other characters? (Example: new mighty, new espio, sonic boom, and i dont think so if u want continue with that karate man).

But you said "These are projects that will not be finished never". Something like that.

And what about smiles?.

Nice job! you will continue the project of the other characters? (Example: new mighty, new espio, sonic boom, and i dont think so if u want continue with that karate man).

But you said "These are projects that will not be finished never". Something like that.

And what about smiles?.

Reminder, this does not means there are any WAD characters coming from me any time soon, given that I'm already way too busy with different projects. I was only in the mood of taking a short break, and I used that time to edit Vector and see how it would look like. In terms of SRB2 development, my focus will still be Smiles.

And also, I personally would love to make a full WAD of Segata Sanshiro. I don't think I even need to explain why.

Smiles is my project, find your own >:c >:c >:c

but seriously your work is hot, I personally prefer number 2 but whatever one gets picked it'll have the quality of the gods

I like the spikes on the back of the third Vector, but I also prefer the shoe position of the fourth, bonus Vector.

So a combination of three and four?

EDIT: great, I also like the eyes on 1 and 2 better. fan. tastic.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back