• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

Gawsh, these colours make stuff look so pretty.

(as if your work needed any help, though)

Man, that yellow's indeed looking so much better than our current weird mustard one!
...This aside, not as good as 2.0's.

Also,
Gold? That's not gold, that's tan!

7sPXwgR.png

Now this is gold!

I know I'm kinda doing nitpicking bullshit there, but it looks like FuckingSonic has the same shoes issue than his older brother in his boredom frames; they're kinda rounded and short compared to those in the standing frames... which are, I imagine, still too big to not sink into the ground under OGL renderer.

Whatever, silly nitpicks thrown away, it's glorious!
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/934357srb20109.png

So, are you hiding super sonic on purpose, or would you be fine with doing a quick gif recording of him?

I'm hiding Super Sonic on purpose. He turned out to be so decent with the new design and all of the extra animations that I feel it would be much better to save showing him for when 2.2 comes out. That way there'll be another thing to look forward to in the next release!

I'm looking forward to playing as F.Sonic in 2.2 to see how he changes the game and what not. Awesome work, MotorRoach!

I really hope that the new super-sonic has flying/floating sprites (when holding r-click.)

Chances are he uses some variant of our actual vanilla Super Sonic standing frame for this. Still on Super Sonic; is his glowing planned to be changed? Because our current dark gold to bright yellow (if not white) is an eyeshore, to be honnest.

Chances are he uses some variant of our actual vanilla Super Sonic standing frame for this. Still on Super Sonic; is his glowing planned to be changed? Because our current dark gold to bright yellow (if not white) is an eyeshore, to be honnest.

Probably with the new palette change the colors will be different but honestly, there should be a console command to toggle super glow on or off if that's possible. But that statement is for another thread so I'll stop here.

I was responsible for the new palette, and I fuckin' love the current Super glow. I also wasn't aware people didn't like it. If you offer me legitimate complaints that are more scientific than "it's an eyesore" I might be able to do some experimenting, but ultimately I'm not interested in making change for the sake of change.

But this is Moto's topic. In-depth palette talk that he can't answer by showing comparison screenshots should be happening in mine.

Last edited:
To be honest, it'll be neat if you added a glow effect for Super forms when they are in the dark. Sure, it may reveal your position, but still, it'll be a neat touch to add.

Last edited:
I was responsible for the new palette, and I fuckin' love the current Super glow. I also wasn't aware people didn't like it. If you offer me legitimate complaints that are more scientific than "it's an eyesore" I might be able to do some experimenting, but ultimately I'm not interested in making change for the sake of change.

The thing is that I find the default super glow going way too quick from dark gold to bright yellow, and I'll admit it kinda hurts the eyes to stare at it. ...This, or my eyes are failing me way too soon. I'd rather see a Sonic 2 / 3-esque glowing that goes from yellow to bright yellow (Like Jeck did with the FuckingSonic MD2), it's lighter, yet noticeable. Super Tails/Knux's are fine to me, despite the fact that they don't glow exactly like in Sonic 3, but I'd guess it's more like to help distinguishing Supers. Now, that's just what I think.

Well, since 2.2 received an updates post not too long ago, I thought I'd help on the hype... along showing some of the new skin colors you will be able to pick!

aHShU18.png

7fahpSt.png

AULmzuP.png

xfF2sej.png

Maps used: Glacier Gear Zone by toaster, Sand Valley and Digital Empire by Chrome.

Oh man, those flicky sprites look absolutely amazing!

oh yeah and fuckingsonic looks pretty alright too.

Holy shit three of those screenshots are in my level pack. I feel so loved.

Colors aside, I'm more interested in seeing the new small animals, that Flicky looks adorable.

Holy shit three of those screenshots are in my level pack. I feel so loved.

Colors aside, I'm more interested in seeing the new small animals, that Flicky looks adorable.
I remember seeing a Twitch account that showed the sprites being made for all the animals, but I don't have the link.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back