SRB2Live Public Beta (srb2live.exe, 56k go make some money)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Hello gentlemen, all your exe mods are belong to us.

<a name="latest"></a>UPDATE: http://cueball61.sepwich.com/SRB2Live/Downloads/srb2live_pub2.rar VIP is done, fixed some bugs. More info on VIP later on, just kill the other team's VIP :D

Fixed Master server version issue
To get to the point, yes this is a rather awaited mod, yes I am godly, yes it is barely done...

But I still felt like releasing it, so you'll all be more hyped up when the next version is out :D

Anyways, SRB2Live is the coming together of many ideas. Included in this is the soon to appear SRB2Live server, which will allow you to login, track scores, message friends, gain achievements, etc...
Before you ask, it's nothing to do with Microsoft or Xbox Live...

Current features:
A more or less working King of the Hill gametype, sponsered by Flame & Playah inc. with their map Floral Canyon. [SCREEN]
An announcer, voiced by InstantSonic, you'll see what I mean when you play CTF or load up a map in another gametype... (Tag is unsupportedkthnxbai)
Killing sprees!
Double kill/Triple kill/etc etc...
If your player colour is grey, red, blue, purple, yellow, green or orange, you'll have that colour when you talk. [SCREEN]
Admins no longer have the funky green name, they have a @ now, to comply with the above feature.
You can now hit/kill people from beyond the grave, that is to say, when you hit or kill someone because you shot your ring before you died, the game will realise this and say you did so.

<a name="idiot"></a>There's probably some stuff in there I'm forgetting, by the way, don't bother with the SRB2Live login menu, it won't work [CREDIT]

Click the images for hi-res versions :3

Coloured names
<a name="image2"></a>

Floral Canyon
<a name="image1"></a>

To-do list:
All the stuff that makes SRB2Live, well, SRB2Live!
Finish off KOTH
Assault
Last Man Standing
VIP
4-Way CTF :D
Beg Shuffle to let me use his code that shows player name when you look at someone...
Um, yeah.

Download: http://cueball61.sepwich.com/SRB2Live/Downloads/srb2live_pub2.rar

<a name="credit">Credit:</a>
Thanks to JTE for the login menu stuff...
Oogaland for help
Alam for the SVN account, and for not gnawing my fingers off when I annoyed him with badly indented code :)
Some other people, beta testers you know who you are! (Especially Vash, Naga, Vinsent and Nev3r)
Instant for the VA :)
Omega for trying the VA :3
Flame and Playah for letting me use Floral Canyon <3 (I think it was Playah, anyways...)

Known Bugs:
It shows up as 2.10.25 on the MS for some reason, ignore it, as long as you have the current exe from here, you're fine =P

Suggestions, bug reports, constructive criticism all welcome!

By the way, I'm looking for someone who's up for some site designing, I need a mixture of Xbox.com and Youtube.com for the YouSRB2/SRB2Live site, which will be intergrated with the MB accounts soon :3

Bug Report

Netgames always stay muted for some reason.

EDIT: Also, some of the announcer voices are kind of choppy; I think it's because they're not formatted to be Doom wavs. Anyway, you might want to look into that.

Blue Warrior said:
Bug Report

Netgames always stay muted for some reason.

EDIT: Also, some of the announcer voices are kind of choppy; I think it's because they're not formatted to be Doom wavs. Anyway, you might want to look into that.

Muted: Umm, ah, I'll have to take a look at that, don't worry, it'll be fixed by p2.

Announcer voices: Yeah, I know, don't worry, I'll get on to it.

@Mike: Learn to read.

Re: SRB2Live Public Beta (srb2live.exe, 56k go make some mon

cueball61 said:
Included in this is the soon to appear SRB2Live server, which will allow you to login, track scores, message friends, gain achievements, etc...

Current features:
Killing sprees!
Double kill/Triple kill/etc etc...
You can now hit/kill people from beyond the grave, that is to say, when you hit or kill someone because you shot your ring before you died, the game will realise this and say you did so.

To-do list:
VIP
Beg Shuffle to let me use his code that shows player name when you look at someone...

By the way, I'm looking for someone who's up for some site designing, I need a mixture of Xbox.com and Youtube.com for the YouSRB2/SRB2Live site, which will be intergrated with the MB accounts soon :3

Yay for having features like Halo. Now add Juggernaut, Infection, Territories, One Flag CTF, and something with a multi-hit system.

Re: SRB2Live Public Beta (srb2live.exe, 56k go make some mon

on Edge said:
Yay for having features like Halo. Now add Juggernaut, Infection, Territories, One Flag CTF, and something with a multi-hit system.

Jugg.: Nah
Infection: Possibility?
One Flag CTF: Already planned ^_^
Multi-hit system: ???

Um...

404 Not Found said:
Not Found

The requested URL /SRB2Live/Downloads/srb2live_pub2.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
What?

I like what I'm seeing here. It would be great for SRB2 to have a more "robust" online mode.

Now all we need are vehicles in SRB2...

Vash said:
Um...

404 Not Found said:
Not Found

The requested URL /SRB2Live/Downloads/srb2live_pub2.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
What?

Fixed ^_~

@Com: No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back