• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My first Level Wad

What do you think of my wad

• Cool!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Bad

• It needs Work

• BOO it sucks!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
srb20003.png

srb20001.png

srb20000.png

srb20002.png

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1bvb7k

Edit:Fixed =D

Shinu The Hedgehog said:
i'm a noob at making levels XD

<.< You sure you want to say that. Oh yeah, and, level looks cool. I'll try it out later.

EDIT: Pretty cool. A ton-o-textures in random places though, but, I can't say that I can do better. Good work.

zck2020 said:
EDIT: Quite horrid. A ton-o-textures in random places, but, I can't say that I can do better. You need to read and understand Level Design 101.

Fixed.

You call levels with cramped areas good? I don't. Cramped areas kill the flow, especially when you are playing as Sonic.

Re: Grrrrrr!

zck2020 said:
*Frowns* I liked it Jazz. I didn't say it was horrid. Quote editor! Its not that bad. >:P

I guess you need to read Level Design 101 too.

Cramped levels fail in general. Just take a look at any standard SRB2 level and compare it to this level. I would hope you notice an enormous difference...

Did I say that it was great? Or that it flowed? No. All I said that it looks cool. That it's decent for a first level he ever made. I have a right to my opinion! >:P

Yeah, peoples, loosen up, its his first WAD :) im' not much better. and you can quote me on this: EVEN MYSTIC WAS A NEWBIE ONCE. OK, stop quoting now. :)

Hannyness said:
Yeah, peoples, loosen up, its his first WAD :) im' not much better. and you can quote me on this: EVEN MYSTIC WAS A NEWBIE ONCE. OK, stop quoting now. :)
Yeah, but Mystic actually had the sense not to release his first WAD. I think. Anyways, even if it is his first WAD, we shouldn't loosen up, we should be more strict to tell him what his mistakes were. AKA, post above me this win.

Hannyness said:

Ok, I think I will.

"It's my first wad" is not an excuse for a bad level (Neither is "it's a beta," I might add as a sidenote.) No matter how goodor bad the level is, if they post it here, then criticize it like any other WAD. If they don't like what we say, then tough tonails.

supersonic45 said:
Yes, but he needs this critism to get better.

Yes, I do agree that constuctive criticism is necessary, but, not when people go overboard with bad criticism. It's like beating a dead horse. And, not everybody is great at everything. But I do agree that constructive criticism is needed on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back