The Worst Game Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Cheater

The Ultimate Cheater
Hey, it’s Master C.
I just wanted to know, what do you think is the worst game console you can possibly get.
Thanks, Master C

What, TC? Can't be assed to provide your own insight on your own topic? For shame.

Anyway, I'll leave a link to this old thread, on the grounds that it covers the exact same subject. However, it was 3 years old, so I can't really justify merging the two threads...

Oh, and the winner is probably Big Rigs.

Anything on Action 52 would qualify. Imagine fifty-two games on a single NES cartridge, all of which have poor graphics, brain-dead gameplay (about the typical Atari 2600 standard), and bugs aplenty. And this cartridge sells for $199 in 1991 dollars. Warioware this ain't. Additionally, the sequel to The Cheetahmen, perhaps the best-known single game on the Action 52 cartridge, is even worse than the original, perhaps due to the fact that the sequel was never completed or polished.

It's also painful to play games that had awesome potential, but ended up mediocre or worse. Sonic 2006 is the most blatant example of this, but personally the worst is Knuckles Chaotix. On the outside, it has all the indications of a great Sonic game: Colorful characters and levels, fantastic graphics, and sweet music. But play the game and you'll find that it's marred by arbitrary level design, a lack of gimmicks to define individual locations, and semi-functional badniks. I did actually like the ring-band mechanics, though.

Last edited:
Personal opinion would be Samurai Legend: Musashi ((Or referred to as Brave Fencer Musashiden II by most fans)). At first when I saw some screens of this game in a game informer magazine, I freaked out due to the sole fact that a sequel to my favorite PS 1 game was finally coming out... ohohoho how freaking stupid I was when I found out how Square just butchered the game.

BEEEP BEEEP!!! WARNING!! ((Wall of text approaching))
Ignore the allusion of hack n' slash aspects combined with speed that the opening gives you because it all dies down once you gain control of Musashi and your ventures into the world. Movement is very slow and jumping feels rather awkward and will be the cause of many deaths due to small petite platforms ((water is still your greatest enemy...)). What about combat? Well if your movement is slow then combat is going to be just as boring and clunky.
To just give you a mental image, imagine swinging a sword at someone but one leg is shackled to a chained ball. You attempt to attack someone but most of your attacks won't connect if your not just barely near the enemy's hitbox. Now try this with the Great swords and the ore... yeah you get the idea by now, and it's a shame that most of the moves that you learn are killed by this. Trust me, the ONLY move you'll frequently use is 360 ((no pun intended...)) and it's damage is broken as hell ((About three to four hits can take one health bar down off of a boss)).
Oh right Enemies... well they have a pretty good list of enemy types, but the AI tends to kill it, whether doing barrel rolls off a cliff side or just standing in place after gaining some distance. Lets just say the bosses list themselves as better enemies than the "enemies" themselves. Now their attack power... well lets just say you better pack up on llllots of HP items cause unless you can avoid with a crappy lock-on system and dodge function, get ready to rage quit while cursing out how many times you died from being stunned or knocked down in place from an attack spam multiple times. Course if you found the enemies to be an ass pain then get ready to enjoy the segments when you need to literally carry maidens and objects from point A to point B...

Now... I can say that I liked the whole "The Book of Five Rings" plot that the game is based off of, but that was the only enjoyable part of me playing this. Ironically as much as I loath this game, I have a relationship with it from the bad taste it left in my mouth, much like the complicated relationships from Mega Man X6.

The old Asteroid by Atari !

8134.jpg

"We have no time to save the universe" go tell that to the commanders of the triangle ship !

Oh no, no, it's not my reasoning ! (It's a sentence that I took in the Simpsons.) I do not like it, even if it's a classic because it is too old. Classics evolve, but without additional options. Take Sonic: most games are platform. However, there is a "Sonic Shuffle" which is a Party Game. And Sonic Unleashed has a second mode , humm...battle mode. With werewolf. (...)

Oh no, no, it's not my reasoning ! (It's a sentence that I took in the Simpsons.) I do not like it, even if it's a classic because it is too old. Classics evolve, but without additional options. Take Sonic: most games are platform. However, there is a "Sonic Shuffle" which is a Party Game. And Sonic Unleashed has a second mode , humm...battle mode. With werewolf. (...)

Yeah, but neither of those were really good ideas at all. Sure, Asteroids is a simple game, but it doesn't add in crap it doesn't need, like Mario Party ripoffs or Werehogs. I hope you're not saying 'it sucks because the graphics suck hurr durr', because that'd be pretty lame of you!

Anyway. On topic. Slaughter Sport. Thought Shaq-Fu was bad? Oh you poor, poor fool. This is pretty much the worst fighting game that could possibly exist, as far as I know. You have to buy each character seperately to use them in any mode, you only get literally two attacks per character, the attacks have ZERO range on them, the AI is blatantly unfair, and the final boss is a fat man in his underwear who has a giant mouth and tongue in his belly.

Yeah, but neither of those were really good ideas at all. Sure, Asteroids is a simple game, but it doesn't add in crap it doesn't need, like Mario Party ripoffs or Werehogs. I hope you're not saying 'it sucks because the graphics suck hurr durr', because that'd be pretty lame of you!
I think he is trying to say it gets boring fast.

(...)like Mario Party ripoffs(...)
Sonic Shuffle is NOT a rip off of Mario Party if someone who contibuted A LOT to Mario Party also contributed to Sonic Shuffle (Hudson Soft, was it?).

I have to say though, it is a lot like the people on the net to say that Sonic is the rip-off. Clearly neither of them are.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the worst video game is I've ever played, but my least favorite Sonic game was Sonic 2, 8 bit Game Gear version. I HATED that game. Plus, act 3 of Green Hills was IMPOSSIBLE.

Last edited:
Plus, act 3 of Green Hills was IMPOSSIBLE.

Really? That was the only boss I COULD beat... But nevertheless, that game was SO incredibly cheap. I could almost never beat the FIRST boss in it.

And wha??? Why are you dissing Asteroids, IE? What's so bad about it? Calling it bad is like calling the original Pac-Man bad. It may not have been quite your style, but it still was a very good arcade game.

Let's see... Worst game, worst game...
I can't think of any... I'm filtering through all the different games I've ever played, and I can't think of anything. Genesis... No... GBA... Ah yes!
Gunstar Super Heroes. All they did was take the original, (which was awesome) and remove almost everything that made it awesome. The weapon system, the co-operative play... Out the window. It didn't help that they used a bunch of recolor-ish levels, and the same story with a bunch of political messages thrown in. Ugg, the horrors. :(

Sonic The Hedgehog 06, it was the only Sonic game I couldn't beat because of its terribleness. Sonic and the Black Knight was also terrible, but it was actually PLAYABLE.

Besides those crappy Sonic games, um...

er...

I can't think of anything else. I'll edit this when I think of something. :s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back