Suggestions

You could still do things like in Sonic 3D's Volcano Valley, which I'm honestly surprised no one's ever tried

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8umJMy2Eh2g&feature=player_detailpage#t=155s

If I remember correctly, Magma Core Zone and The Emerald Isles use such a kind of elevator.

but I'd still like a flag that would make it wait a bit before falling back down.

We could have three hypothesis:

- wait an amount of time and then go back: not desirable, because the player can't guess the time length beforehand.

- go back when the player leaves the sector where the FOF is: desirable, because it's a guessable behavior; other FOFs and triggers are activated when the player leaves or enter a sector.

- never go back: desirable as extra option, then we have an elevator that works like Lava Reef Zone's elevator; but it could break a co-op map if badly implemented.

Tieing in slightly with the elevator discussion above. Maybe the option to make objects (Springs would be a prime example) only appear in Netgames, Two-Player etc?

If this was already suggested then sorry, but I'm not going to read over 9000 posts. :|

We need in SRB2 something like /ignore command on IRC. With this we can easily block spammers, n00bs, abnormal idiots and more. And another suggestion (if this is already possible, why didn't I see it somewhere?). Make SPIKED CRUSHERS just like in Marble Garden Zone from S3K! It could be cool gimmick in some levels. :D

Last edited:
If this was already suggested then sorry(...)
And another suggestion (if this is already possible, why didn't I see it somewhere?). Make SPIKED CRUSHERS just like in Marble Garden Zone from S3K! It could be cool gimmick in some levels. :D

10 posts above:

Object flag: attach Z object position to the ceiling/floor height

Attaches the object to the ceiling or floor height. If a sector plane moves up or down, the object will actually "follow" the plane movement.

Scenery, hazards (spikes and spikeballs) and auxiliary object (e.g. Chain (Hang)) could be attached to the plane height, if the plane moves up or down, the object will follow the plane at perfect synch, even if the object has Z offset (which must be preserved). Then, crushers with spikes and vertical movable hang-chains would be possible.

The problem is that I'm somewhat a coder (not in C, though), then I'm a tad technical when I talk about these stuff.

Better yet? Different colors for teams, Red get Pink ,red ,(orange)?
Blue gets Steel_Blue, Blue and, Cyan

I suggest an HMS123311 Mode, where all of the sounds are replaced with ones just from the HMS123311 WAD.

Beat THAT!

I suggest we should let me be the new official mapmaker of SRB2. I'll make every single map! Even RVZ2, DCZ 1 and 2, and even Final Fight Zone!

Why not add a ranking system while a Race game is in progress to see who's 1st-4th place, just like in Mario Kart 64?
Also, why not add items to slow other players?
(Examples like glue and missiles)

Why not add a ranking system while a Race game is in progress to see who's 1st-4th place, just like in Mario Kart 64?
Also, why not add items to slow other players?
(Examples like glue and missiles)
First of all, there is already a ranking system...
Second, adding items to slow other players down... is called monitors except they are more of a stat booster then a debuff.

By Virt
I suggest we should let me be the new official mapmaker of SRB2. I'll make every single map! Even RVZ2, DCZ 1 and 2, and even Final Fight Zone!
And Dark City, and Arid Canyon Act 2, Castle Eggman act 3, Volcano act 3...and why not "Rainbow Chaos Island", the most stupid level in the world with large grass but little rainbows.

I kidding. Lots of new levels is probably the best idea! More there are levels, more it's better. But it takes time.

For the latest act, a baptism or Final Fight Zone or Final Zone ...
I agree. But I do not know if SRB2 will save the game after ERZ2, which will lead the players to not do again the Zone Egg Rock if they lose at act 3.

EDIT: *turn the page* huh.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back