Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be done != will be done. The eight view limit is hardcoded in Doom-you realize how much coding it would take to add that in? It'd require some pretty heavy math, and then to make it go efficiently? Not going to happen.

Actually it just involves an extra vector in the transformation matrix.

I relise that if you have a top view sprite, you would need an extra sprite for each frame there is already.

olo + around 180 more frames

Making them OPTIONAL is a better idea. In the S_SKIN or MAINCFG, just have a command (like hires) enable top view. Although, top view really isn't needed...

How and when would top view be used anyway? during Tail's Flight? Or like if you did a loop de loop, if you can add that and make it work on SRB2...

I'm not saying for chaos to be put back in the game. I'm just saying to put enemies into ring shooting gametypes, to add to the scene. They wouldn't give out points or anything, as that would ouviously wreck the fairness of the gametype.

It might be a good idea to have individual enemy spawns. Blue Crawla, Skim, etcetera... Angle might determine how many tics it takes to spawn one enemy. For matches set in factories, constantly spawning enemies to get rid of the pesky intruders might just work. Of course, they could just be used for scenery. Setting it as Deaf makes the enemies it spawns immobile for two to three seconds after they spawn, maybe? Just enough time to land on a conveyor belt.

On the "reset function" suggestion, to keep the other topic from derailing.

People. SRB2 takes very little time to start up. SRB2 also takes forever to do a lot of other things. If a reset functionality were put in it would probably be slower than restarting the program-no matter how fast your computer is.

Look, on my old 233 MHz Pentium 2, SRB2 took five seconds to start. With how inefficient our code is sometimes, I bet it would take a lot longer to unload wads. I know that on my new computer, Mystic Realm takes ten seconds to add in (732 MHz Celeron, btw). Just restart the damn program and stop being so lazy.

Numbers were quoted for references. No matter how good your computer is, function A will take a different amount of time than function B, and it'll be slower or faster every time. Adding in wads and socs takes a certain amount of time-and that time is almost always going to be longer than the restart time; the only time it would be shorter is if you're extrordinarily slow with your mouse.

"But it's unloading, not loading in wads."
To SRB2, they would be largely the same process-go to this section of data and call it such or such. First it would have to check every single graphic and every single lump and see if it were modified, then change it back to the appropriate setting. Then, it has to set all the existing data like things and flags back to the default-essentially replacing everything with srb2.srb and music.dta and the other data files.

Heu guys, guess what. You know what the start up of SRB2 does? It adds in srb2.srb and music.dta and the other data files.

Please stop requesting a pointless feature that would only serve to keep the coders from getting the real work done.

what about an undo function?

there an updated code on DELFILE that undo all the changes that ADDFILE had tracked, so all SOC changes are undone, KEEN!

Spazzo said:
I'm not saying for chaos to be put back in the game. I'm just saying to put enemies into ring shooting gametypes, to add to the scene. They wouldn't give out points or anything, as that would ouviously wreck the fairness of the gametype.
Heck, why not bring back enemy spawns altogether. It could add to any level, wether Co-op or Match, if you can make enemies spawn. Of course, you'll then need to have a single spawn thing for each enemy, as well as the option to Soc your own spawns.

And a way to regulate the number so the level doesn't become framerate hell with ten thousand crawlas.

I'm not sure if this should belong here, but it was posted in the siggestions topic, so here it is:
cueball61 said:
sonicfreak94 said:
Sonict said:
Spazzo said:
Being able to tell if a netgame has WADs loaded, before joining it.

srb2modifiedgamesaa7.png

Is that real O_o? Looks like it.

It's in the latest source code revision on the SVN, along with a load of other stuff...
What version number is this, and what other stuff does it have?

EDIT: Took away some questions, because I dont don't need them answered anymore.

personaly I'd like to see Zim's base and metal Star replaced with a new level.

Boinciel said:
We need pine trees. Possibly just a Pine Tree Thing that would include a sprite of only the branches/needles and people would use a sector for the base.

In fact, this wouldn't be very hard to implement. All you'd need is a pine tree sprite.
I think that's already in there for Christmas time. I also used them in the Christmas demo restoration/update wad.

Zanyhead said:
TDM said:
*Crushers that go both ways: -->] :eek: [<--

That would actually be possible if we adopted Hexen's polyobjects.

Polyobjects, huh..? That's a neat idea for SRB2 1.1 ... The code can be found in ZDoom.. (I think.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back