Error Opening SRB2 (Post Being Ignored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Ice

Flob!
Error Opening SRB2

Hey, I've been posting a problem about SRB2 not opening many times but people haven't really solved my problem. But now I think I figured it out.

My problem is i'm trying to open the SRB2 Mac port (newest version) but it crashes every time I open it.

When I opened it with Terminal I found this error:

"CGDisplayBaseAddress is obsolete and returning NULL for display 0x4280a40"

Does anyone have a solution? This is the only proof I could get.

Error Opening SRB2 (Reposted)

Hey, I've been posting a problem about SRB2 not opening many times but people haven't really solved my problem. But now I think I figured it out.

My problem is i'm trying to open the SRB2 Mac port (newest version) but it crashes every time I open it.

Honestly, you don't have to make a new thread every time you get fed up waiting for a reply. Just be a bit more patient, it's only been 4 days since your previous thread on your problem.

That said... from what I hear it doesn't seem like many people actually use the SRB2 Mac port these days, so it might be a while before you get a response probably. I certainly can't help you in any way unfortunately. =/

My apologies, I just find this problem to be important and to be reviewed, also worrying that other posts will isolate this very one.

Try running SRB2 in WINE, I'm sure there's a mac version of WINE.
basically it runs windows programs on non-windows platforms.

Try running SRB2 in WINE, I'm sure there's a mac version of WINE.
basically it runs windows programs on non-windows platforms.

I tried that, it worked...

But sadly there was no picture, WINE barely runs any complicated exe. files and only the simple ones.

Try Winebottler which is basiclly a tool that turns exe into whatever is mac app extension and also i think it also functions as a launcher for these

Dude, theres literally a message above yours saying that it didn't work properly for me, It opened but there was no video.

Posting the same question three times when it hasn't even fallen off the first page isn't going to get you an answer any faster. The real takeaway is that nobody is using the Mac port currently and that nobody knows the answer to your question. I know it certainly hasn't been maintained by anyone in quite some time.

It might just be easier to try a dual boot into Windows or just dragging out the old XP box from the basement. This game runs pretty well on toasters.

Your best bet is asking Alam, IIRC he was the one maintaining the port. Send him a message on IRC.

I tried that, it worked...

But sadly there was no picture, WINE barely runs any complicated exe. files and only the simple ones.

I run SRB2 fine in WINE on Linux, that's why I suggested it. Sorry there was no luck for you, maybe run it in a virtual machine?

On my Linux Mint i'm using Wine on SRB2 but on srb2dd.exe not srb2win.exe because that other one doesn't have video.

@Mystic I apologized before for reposting the fourm, anyway I thought it was working fine considering that I read Alam's closed fourm from the first page to the last, scanning for info, what I saw was that the Mac port was working fine (Well, what Alam thought.)

I assumed it was working so I tried using it anyway.

@hitkid61 I made the mistake of buying a Mac with SSD memory, I don't have enough space for a VM.

@Wolfy Sadly Alam's fourm is closed, it was the same place I downloaded the very port that keeps crashing. What I heard was though is that its crashes were caused while in fullscreen, but I'm still unsure.

Last edited:
If you haven't, try contacting him on srb2fun. I don't know if you tried wine for both versions (srb2dd and srb2win) already. I am guessing that you already tried though.

I can't remeber where the downloads for srb2dd and srb2win to test it with wine, or is it a part of the Windows download?

I've tested (with wine) opening both.

srb2win.exe was the the one working but with no video.

srb2dd.exe however worked 100%

I've finally figured it out, thanks to those who mentioned srb2dd.exe

If anyone can, please spread the information about this fix to other Mac users.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back