SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010   #1
DSiDewd

Default Server I was on was hacked, and now I cant access the master server!

I was on A Hedgehog's server, and it was hacked. The hacker was using csay, objectplace, etc. If this helps any, it was casual. Anyway, in team match mode we were going around the maps to see what he was doing. The hacker was completley invisible. He had been spawning alot of Eggmans. After a while a few of us got cfailures, and afterwards I tried to rejoin, and I couldnt. It said: There was a problem connecting to the master server. So did I get banned for something, is this a glitch? What could this be? Please help. Also, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, ive never been here before.
Old 08-07-2010   #2
Azure

Objectplace in multiplayer mode? Is that even possible? I don't know if he hacked or not, maybe someone else may know. Also you weren't banned the master server went down so you and many others will have to wait for the master server to start working to host or join any games.
Old 08-07-2010   #3
DSiDewd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Fighter View Post
Objectplace in multiplayer mode? Is that even possible? I don't know if he hacked or not, maybe someone else may know. Also you weren't banned the master server went down so you and many others will have to wait for the master server to start working to host or join any games.
Ah, i see, thanks. Also, the hacker has hacked A Hedgehog's server and used objectplace before, but I wasnt there, so I dont know if it was made up or not. All I know is the hacker was using objectplace this time.
Old 08-07-2010   #4
ALLEN

thats werid because i joined last night and i saw EGG MANS BOTS EVERY WHERE and i guess the hacker made everyone get cfailed and then i saw this there was spams bots
and then i server atuomaticly shut down
Old 08-07-2010   #5
SRB2PlayerFan
SRB2 2.1 Kart Hype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSiDewd View Post
I was on A Hedgehog's server, and it was hacked. The hacker was using csay, objectplace, etc. If this helps any, it was casual. Anyway, in team match mode we were going around the maps to see what he was doing. The hacker was completley invisible. He had been spawning alot of Eggmans. After a while a few of us got cfailures, and afterwards I tried to rejoin, and I couldnt. It said: There was a problem connecting to the master server. So did I get banned for something, is this a glitch? What could this be? Please help. Also, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, ive never been here before.
This was possibly a glitch because you can't access objectplace in multiplayer.
Old 08-07-2010   #6
Shardvex
Default Master Server

The master server seemed down for a little while today, and during that little while, "A Hedgehog's Server" was the last server to be hosted. (I checked the Master Server page.) Try connecting again...
Old 08-07-2010   #7
DSiDewd

Its fine now, but the hacker's still on the move. The server has ended now though, and it's starting back up in 3 minutes. But the main point of this topic is resolved so this can be locked now.
Old 08-07-2010   #8
Velvet
Why hello there ~♥

Yes I was there, I could give you more information about the user who hacked the server. The user seems to go by the names 'ash', 'cyan sonic', 'sonicd', and 'Player 2'.

~7779311
Old 08-07-2010   #9
ThunderNova

Why not just report him to SSNTails or someone, and have them ban him for hacking the server.
Old 08-07-2010   #10
DSiDewd

It was casual
EDIT Er wait, when it first started i think it was normal... idk
Old 08-07-2010   #11
Shardvex
Default The Hacker

Yes, a notification for everyone, we have a hacker around.

I have been keeping track of him, and I'm not sure that he is Ash, he might be a completely different person, 'cause his IP isn't the same as the old Ash. "cyan sonic" or "ash" may be a hacker, but "soniccd" is not him. Don't ban him, he's just another honest srb2 player.

Is it a coincidence that "A Hedgehog's Server" has been hacked like 5 times in the last 2 weeks? Either someone hates "A Hedgehog", or one of the admins of A Hedgehog's Server is scaring everybody with csay and objectplace.

And yes, I was there too Velvet, and DSiDewd, it's true: "A Hedgehog's Server" has been hacked before in the past. I was around then too.

Last edited by Shardvex; 08-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2010   #12
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Fancy notifications and 'watching' anyone using exploits in netgames is all a bit over the top, and to be honest, I'm reminded a little of the witch hunts. But, that aside...

This isn't the first time this has happened, in a previous version of SRB2 (2.0.4) an exploit was found that enabled the player to use numerous tricks that are shown in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJudrzMp10

It was a bit of a pain for netgames, as gaming was disrupted for a few days, but it did no harm aside from that, then a patch was released that fixed the problem. It isn't something to panic over and I imagine it will be fixed shortly (a few days).
Old 08-07-2010   #13
Velvet
Why hello there ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardvex View Post
I have been keeping track of him, and I'm not sure that he is Ash, he might be a completely different person, 'cause his IP isn't the same as the old Ash.
Maybe he is using a different computer? That happens to me when I switch computers.

~7779311
Old 08-07-2010   #14
Azure

Or he could have a Dynamic IP address. An address that continually changes (I have a Dynamic IP address and it changes all the time). Or like Velvet said he might change computers, but I highly doubt it since very few people have more than one computer. Although I could be wrong.
Old 08-07-2010   #15
Bbop800
hey

Hackers in SRB2? Why would people want to hack SRB2 in the first place?

Add me on Steam!
Old 08-07-2010   #16
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

It's not ash. Someone is using the name as a coverup.

Edit: Not gonna say anything more in the likelihood that someone is gonna troll me until I look like a idiot, but I know this for sure. Someone is using the name as a coverup.

Last edited by supersonic45; 08-07-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2010   #17
Eliwood
Locked User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbop800 View Post
Hackers in SRB2? Why would people want to hack SRB2 in the first place?
Because at times it can be hilarious and fun...

Now don't get the wrong idea, I don't hack at all! I'm not a hacker! But, imagine playing SA2 as Eggman (the Chao Garden Version) in Green Hill Zone. Or playing as Tails actually in the Tails stages. Heck, even Knuckles in escape from the city. Bottom line, they do it because it's fun.
Old 08-07-2010   #18
DSiDewd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliwood View Post
Because at times it can be hilarious and fun...

Now don't get the wrong idea, I don't hack at all! I'm not a hacker! But, imagine playing SA2 as Eggman (the Chao Garden Version) in Green Hill Zone. Or playing as Tails actually in the Tails stages. Heck, even Knuckles in escape from the city. Bottom line, they do it because it's fun.
Yeah, actually monitoring the hacker was a little fun in my opinion :P we got to fight millions of eggman bosses
Old 08-08-2010   #19
Velvet
Why hello there ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSiDewd View Post
Yeah, actually monitoring the hacker was a little fun in my opinion :P we got to fight millions of eggman bosses

When was that? The server error-ed for me after that.
Also, after that. I can't go to servers no more. >:C

~7779311
Old 08-08-2010   #20
Sky The Destroyer

Was he using my mod, Sky Serv? It has a secret function to call A_SpawnObjectRelative to spawn Eggman's when you jump.

And it c-fails when it happens.

Last edited by Sky The Destroyer; 08-08-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Closed Thread