ShufflarB2 (Bigass mod), Final Version (56k die)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Whoo! I've been working oh this thing for so god damn long, but I've finally got a release candidate.
For anybody that doesn't know, ShufflarB2 is basically my "SRB2JTE". It includes a bunch of cool new features and levels.

New Objects:
Flamethrower Wall - Like the flamethrowers seen in Lava Reef in Sonic 3 Object 6970
Flamethrower Ceiling/floor - Like the flamethrowers seen in Lava Reef in Sonic 3, but on the ceiling/floor (deaf for ceiling) Object 6971
Metal Flower 1 - A metal flower used for scenery. Object 6980
MetalFlower1.gif

Metal Flower 2 - Another metal flower used for scenery. Object 6981
MetalFlower2.gif

Mushroom - Mario Mode Mushroom (automatically changes to fireflower if you are big) Object 6990
1UP Mushroom - Mario Mode 1UP. Object 6991
Starman - Mario Mode invincibility star. Object 6992

New SOC Actions:
A_RemoteAction:Performs an action on an object other than the one that called A_RemoteAction. var1 becomes the actor's target, the action (var2) is called on var1. actor's target is restored
var1 = remote object
var2 = state reference for calling an action

A_ZThrust:Description: Pushes the player up or down.
var1: amount of force
var2: If 1, momentum is lost. If 0, momentum is kept

A_RailRing:Shoots an object like a rail ring. Works for players and mobjs.
var1: shot object
var2: trail

A_Teleport: Teleport to the mobj's current target.
Tip: Use A_Look or A_FindTarget to look for a target if the mobj doesn't have one.
var1: If 0, teleports target to this object. Else, this object teleports to target.
var2: If true, object keeps its momentum. Else, it loses it.

New Levels:
Match:
Space Dock Zone (Darkwarrior)
srb20000.png

Emerald Park Zone (Darkwarrior)
srb20003.png

Gamecube Battle Zone
srb20004.png

PS2 Battle Zone
srb20005.png

Greenflower Match
srb20006.png

Fort Eltsac (Shadowhog)
srb20007.png

Single Player/Co-op:
Hidden Palace (2D Mode)
srb20001.png

Circuit:
Molten Wasteland Zone
srb20011.png

New Features:
ShufflarB2 has a (small) boatload of new features including modes and other stuff.

Improved Mario Mode:
Mario Mode plays very differently in ShufRB2. You run to jump higher, grab mushrooms to grow bigger, and there's a new HUD modeled after the original Super Mario Bros. Some fixes for this mode include:
Fireballs cannot be aimed up and down.
Green Shell goes in the direction it should when you hit it, it can also be jumped on.
srb20063.png

starmantrail.png

Improved NiGHTS Mode:
Not a whole lot to see here, the collision has been improved so you bounce around a whole lot less annoyingly, making NiGHTS mode easier to play, in general.

Improved 2D Mode:
All players are slower and are able to run on water.
Hold down+jump to spindash.
Camera moves in front of the player, so the player can see what is ahead.
Thok removed. Yes, it needs to be done.

New Mode, Ring Collect Mode:
Ring Collect mode is a team-based mode that uses some of the game's built in CTF maps. The basic idea is to run around collecting rings and bring them back to your base. The team with the most rings at the end of the round wins.
Also, giant, colorful rings fall from the sky halfway through the match.
If you want to create a ring mode map, the level type must be 8192.
srb20008.png

wheeeeeee.jpg

Time of day:
The sky and level change brightness (and in OpenGL, color) depending on the time on your system clock.
To enable this in custom maps, just add timeofday = 1 to the MAINCFG lump on the levels you want. Unfortunately, this has the side-effect of forcing only two light levels. There's a brighter one for sky areas, and there's a darker one for non-sky areas.
sunsetftw.png

twilight.png

Map credits:
Using an entry in the MAINCFG for your wad, you can make the name of the author of the map show up at the start of the level.
Example:
mapcredits = DarkWarrior
would get you:
srb20058.png

Visible Names:
When you point your crosshair at another player, their name appears on your screen.

Small fix, Less laggy water:
Ever notice how if you spring out of water really quickly, it tends to lag the game pretty bad? This has been fixed in ShufRB2.

The mod also includes other small bugfixes, and some cool OpenGL stuff from PrettySRB2/SRB2JTE
The purpose of this release candidate is to try to work out any bugs, and to possibly get some last minute maps in. If anybody would like to submit a map, go ahead. If it's any good, I'll put it in the final build, and you will be fully credited.
Also, if you see any bugs, PLEASE report them in this topic.

Thanks to everybody that helped with this. Be it maps, beta testing, or ideas. :)

EDIT:
RC2 is done! It should be much more stable, and it has a few new features thrown in.

The 2D camera now acts a little different..
srb20014.png

The 1.1 water ripples have been added (software only), as well as the new intermission screen (also software only).
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/SRB2Shuffle/SRB2/srb20013.png

Sprite shadows are fixed, type "shadow 1" in the console to enable them.

And.. a bunch of bugfixes.

And particles are back, though there are much less. I'm trying to keep the lag down.

DOWNLOAD
Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ypzqv9
Mirror: http://dw.sepwich.com/files/ShufRB2_RC2.zip

Shuffle, you're awesome.
Not enough words to describe it.
I'm downloading this now.

Oh YES! Thank you for making my day. Now to look into this (hopefuly, it sounds like it) awsome EXE mod.

Edit: What do you need to put in the MAINCFG to do the map credits?

Edit 2: FROM THE FUTURE: disregard this post, I sucked cocks

Last edited:
You know it's pitch-black in the caves of Mario Koopa Blast 1, right? You can't see a thing down there. You might as well play it in the day.

SRB2 Guy said:
Oh YES! Thank you for making my day. Now to look into this (hopefuly, it sounds like it) awsome EXE mod.

Edit: What do you need to put in the MAINCFG to do the map credits?
mapcredits = nameofcreator

Sykotic said:
Camera issues. It moves too fast, and changing Cam_speed does nothing.
I honestly don't know what the problem is with this. Even after disabling all of my features, it still does the same thing.
Edit: It seems to act a little bit more naturally if you set cam_dist to 160 and cam_speed to 20. Keep experimenting until it feels right, I guess.
Edit edit: Apparently somebody moved something somewhere and that screwed it up, so I moved it back and wtf it works. So yeah, that will be fixed in the next release candidate.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
You know it's pitch-black in the caves of Mario Koopa Blast 1, right? You can't see a thing down there. You might as well play it in the day.
Pitch black? I just played it in both renderers at the darkest time (Midnight), with the darkest setting, and I could see everything clearly. I think you need to either turn off fog if you have it on, or adjust your monitor.

Meh, I guess this is ok-*Obliterated* But seriousely, awesome job dude.

9000/10

EDIT: Aww, now whatever mod I release is gonna look like crap compared to this. ):

Chaos said:
This is UBER awesomeness.
Fixed.

I loved Hidden Palace, Emerald Park and Molten Wasteland. Congratulations Shuffle, Dark Warrior and Penopat! Does SRB2 1.09.4 WADs work on this?

Lag. Lag. Lag! WIth only 2 players, a server I hosted was very C-Laggy and the other player ended up with C-Failures.

Edit: Suggestions on what to add / Bugs:
  • Choice to switch level headers acording to the time of day.
  • In 2D mode, sometimes it won't let me spindash.

I'll find more later.

Edit: FROM THE FUTURE: once more, disregard this post, I sucked cocks/am ashamed to even look at this bullcrap I called a post

Last edited:
SRB2 Guy said:
Edit: Suggestions on what to add / Bugs:
  • Choice to switch level headers acording to the time of day.
  • In 2D mode, sometimes it won't let me spindash.

I'll find more later.
1)Level headers have a timeofday option, which defaults to off.
2)That's odd, are you holding down+jump to spindash? I'll look into it..

Sonic Shadow said:
EVERYTHING here is made of pure win. Except Greenflower match, wich is pure fail, fail, fail, and more FAIL.
;_;

cool

cool mod how long did this take you

and also the lag depends on your internet speed + the hosts internet speed

if you want to go on this online organize it with someone who has a fast internet speed + high spec on the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back