Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd join the server, but I have no idea what the address is. Anyone mind posting it here?

As a way to increase the population of players on the server, I propose we build a project, using Survival Mode to build a project is more challenging, but that's what makes it more fun.

I propose we build a 64x128x64 statue of Classic Sonic. That's, IIRC, 4x4 chunks, bedrock to sky, of oldschool awesomeness. :D

Two choices for difficulty:
Easy - Blue parts are Wool
Hard - Blue parts are Lapis

When I can, I'll go out in the wilderness and shear some sheep and donate to the project. Likewise, if I run into Lapis during my mining, I'll surely donate that too.

Scizor300 said:
I'm pretty suprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.
Well I would say that most people weren't interested in joining and never bothered asking and those who were interested may have gotten the ID from a friend or originally had it before the new map was made, only never to use it.

Just ask Furyhunter. He's on Srb2's Minecraft IRC. I believe the channel was called #SRB2MineCraft. If you can't find him there you could always send him a private message to give you building rights.

If I recall correctly, the server address is server.srb2.org:7175

I'm pretty suprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

What? It was mentioned before, by Metal-Rawr a few pages back. It's just that Iceman404 chewed him out for doing so, because it let random newbs and griefers on the server. Accordingly, he deleted the address from his post. I was under the impression we weren't supposed to mention it here.

Also, I will gladly take part in the Statue project! I haven't been on lately, but I want to be. I've just been too distracted with Spiral Knights. :x

I don't feel like joining the server anymore 'cause something must've gone wrong, my character in the server got timetraveled. I spawned in a place I logged off about a week ago whle I remember logging off somewhere else, I lost MANY items and the whole chunk I'm in seems to be timewarped too, as my base returned to the shape it had before I redocrated it. What the fuck, Fury?

Yes, the server rolled back a few days from when it went down. Could be worse, I suppose; you just have to do what you did, again, as opposed to not being able to at all, and having all your stuff lost forever.

I'm kind of bummed that I went to grind levels somewhere around L34 or so, and came out at L9 because I fell into a really tall, 1-block-wide pit somebody left lying around. I was able to find my stuff before it disappeared, but still, that's a lot of levels to re-grind. ._.

I'm kind of bummed that I went to grind levels somewhere around L34 or so, and came out at L9 because I fell into a really tall, 1-block-wide pit somebody left lying around. I was able to find my stuff before it disappeared, but still, that's a lot of levels to re-grind. ._.
That's what you get for having a server full of people that use Mods to hax and play the game for them, and then say "This is boring" because of the fact the mods stole all of the fun.

I fell into a really tall, 1-block-wide pit somebody left lying around.

Chaos Knux strikes again. The funny thing is, the one I fell into in the old server had impenetrable stone walls, so you couldn't get out easily without a pick. Felt like a bottle necked prison cell. I managed to get down it without dying though, and regained all my stuff. :D

Well, this pit actually led to a large obsidian pool (formerly lava, presumably), and although I couldn't find the pit a second time, I was able to just cool down some surrounding lava with a water bucket and make my way over to the spot in question.

God help me if that was still lava, though.

When I can, I'll go out in the wilderness and shear some sheep and donate to the project. Likewise, if I run into Lapis during my mining, I'll surely donate that too.

Awesome, I've started building a huge stone box to border the project area. So far I've got the corners, and half the south wall. Never thought I'd run out of cobble, but I just did. XD

It's just north of Sapphire town.

Chaos Knux strikes again. The funny thing is, the one I fell into in the old server had impenetrable stone walls, so you couldn't get out easily without a pick. Felt like a bottle necked prison cell. I managed to get down it without dying though, and regained all my stuff. :D
Jeez, Char, I've plugged every hole like that I dug on this map. There's no way in hell it was me that time. Wolfy and Knockout run the same mods as me, so it could be one of them.
Well, this pit actually led to a large obsidian pool (formerly lava, presumably), and although I couldn't find the pit a second time, I was able to just cool down some surrounding lava with a water bucket and make my way over to the spot in question.

God help me if that was still lava, though.
Although, that obsidian lake proves I at least ran into the lava lake below. I always obsidian the lava I come across.

Jeez, Char
tumblr_lvo7dgu5Hi1qblki9o1_500.jpg

Did someone say Char? [/pictureslightlyunrelatedtotopic]

Anyway, I hope most of you don't mind, but about midway between the spawn and Sapphire Town's stations was a duo Creeper attack, leading to an unfortunate reconstruction of that area's tracks. I put a row glow stone outside the fences on both side to keep that area lit up some more.

Midway station could use some extra lighting IMO as two days before that was another creeper lurking around the tracks. Just saying. . .

I was only teasing, Chaos Knux.

I didn't honestly know if it was you or not. All I know is that the one other time I fell into such a hole (in the middle of old Sapphire Town), it was your doing. :p

Anyways, has anyone tried out the new snapshots? The ones with jungles, jungle cats, and new AI for Skellies and Zombies? The Jungles themselves are quite neat, especially since you can climb vines now. It can be a bit of a challenge to get to the tops of some of the trees.

Some screens from MC server (which is currently down):

The city
9IeZe.png

Dxu97.png

jV4PH.png

n22sG.png

xoVuA.png

c83Pl.png

HqXTz.png

fn76h.png

The railroad viaduct over the ravine
945Iz.png

Since there's no enough suitable space around the city to connect the railroads:
0abnc.png

Qx6Cy.png

Sapphire City Station (now with one-way minecart launchers):
uS9wA.png

VXcW6.png

The map:
cbqmf.png

We need a better railroad system. I can volunteer to help you construct one if you wish. We'd have to find an adequate spot though. Aside from that I still need to construct a proper Railroad station at my Snow Castle and finish my castle as well.

I don't know if you ever saw it, Metal-Fighter, but I built a gatehouse and Nether Portal for your castle in the Nether. Ehehehe, have fun with that one. It'll take some creativity. :p

Also, Illiad is nearing it's grand opening! I haven't had much time to be able to work on it, due to work, but it is getting there! Thanks much to Ezer.Arch for his unexpected help, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back