Spyro goes the bakugan route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughty Dog didn't even do the original Spyro, did they? Just the original Crash Bandicoot. I thought Spyro was done by insomniac or something like that...

Anyways, I'm a pretty big Spyro fan, but there's no way I'm getting this. Usually I can adjust when they try to revamp a series, but this time... ugh. Just ugh.

I remember that when I was young, my friends had Spyro on their PS2...
This is just a shame. This is not nearly that super-fun game I played when I was a kid. Bah.

Its like the game companies these days are taking our childhood heroes and turning them into.....(insert insult here). That was the worst load of crap I've seen since (insert horrible game here). I mean I only played 3 spyro games but still I kinda liked the guy.

I'm kind of conflicted, actually. Part of me is saying "What the hell is this!? These corporations killed the Spyro I knew and loved ages and ages ago and now they intend to do the can-can on his grave!?" But another part of me is saying "It may be crap, but it doesn't look worse than the previous crap--just different." That alone is blasphemy enough, though.

This is making me seethe particularly fiercely though, because just a couple of days ago I watched my cousins playing Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, and I really appreciated the nostalgia trip. This news is a harsh slap of reality: the Ripto's Rage Spyro is a dragon that no longer exists. These guys seriously want to bring back Spyro? Unless they're remaking the original trilogy for the 3DS, I have no faith in it.

Rest assured, guys, I am on a career track to enter the video game industry. To all you Spyro fans out there, I make you the promise that, as infinitesimal as the odds of this may be, if ever I am in a position to thwart further cheap exploitation of the Spyro name, I shall do so.

Last edited:
"They may look like toys... But they are alive on the inside"
O_O

This is sad. Who the heck gave these idiots the rights to use Spyro? And I thought Season of Flame was corny. :/
Oh well, time to go eat my sorrows away in some donuts. With EXTRA sprinkles.

Oh well, time to go eat my sorrows away in some donuts. With EXTRA sprinkles.

This is becoming worse than HDIJ. :\

I saw this some time ago,. I am quite disappointed with these developers. This literally isn't a Spyro game anymore. It's just a class game with Spyro just 'appearing'. I agree with Fawful, the only way I'll play anything later in this series is if they remake the originals for 3DS. Other than that, I don't think I'll bother.

My reaction.

But yeah, I don't see how this could turn out any good, Spyro's redesign makes even Crash's look good (and THAT'S saying something!), not to mention the fact it's pretty much some random toy-line marketing game with Spyro slapped on the cover... I can't really say much else, having never played Spyro as a kid(yes, you can hate me now)...

Insomnic, how I miss you...

Fixed, Naughty dog only did Crash.

I'm sorry to break this to you all, but the game looks promising. Sure Spyro looks like he got hit by a car head first, but the gameplay looks like the old days where Spyro was fun and cool. It even has some old nudges in there like that guy who you had to chase to get an egg.

Only the appearance of Spyro looks bad, the gameplay looks decent enough. Don't knock it off because of appearance.

If Activision feels the need to remake the character's appearance, then so be it. It's going to get hate because of the look, even if the game is actually fun.

To be quite honest, I really dont care. as long as it controls well,I don't care I'll play it.

To be quite honest, I really dont care. as long as it controls well,I don't care I'll play it.

This is exactly why we can't have nice things. People like you don't even care about quality in games, and this is why game developers keep churning out shit.

He looks like he was hit by a fucking 18-wheeler. He's absolutely HIDEOUS. And toys? Seriously?

I have officially lost faith in this franchise.

This is exactly why we can't have nice things. People like you don't even care about quality in games, and this is why game developers keep churning out shit.

He looks like he was hit by a fucking 18-wheeler. He's absolutely HIDEOUS. And toys? Seriously?

I have officially lost faith in this franchise.

How, in that breif post of his, can you come to the conclusion of that it's people like him who makes it hard for quality games to come out? He was simply stating that if the controls are decent enough, it deserves a playthrough. He doesn't HAVE to like it at the end. If we actually sat down and played games that are knocked off by the general public, we'd see more higher quality games, because indie devs could try more and make new games with a wierd mechanic.

That post didn't make much sense as to why you hit on him like that. It's the game dev's fault, not ours, that they keep churning out rehashed shit, and it won't solve itself until another company comes and outdoes the game completely. This is the exact reason games like MW3 are still popular; it may be churned out shit yes, but it's the same game and they like the same game. When a new game comes out and it looks fun, they'll buy it. I can't believe we're hating on the mentality of verifiaman and others.

Who took note that the new character designs were by a Dreamworks' Shrek character designer?

Oh boy, how this looks so unappealing. Make a game where you sell toys for $7 dollars a pop to play as alternate characters. And that's considering the best this has to offer.

Oh boy, how this is capitalism fodder. Consider this as I'm not all too familiar with the lore of the series seeing as I never owned an original Playstation (was more of a N64 kid).

So you guys that are saying the gameplay looks good...

...How come I'm like... not seeing any in the trailer? There's nothing to go off of. They've got 2 second clips of gameplay that show absolutely nothing.

I've lost faith after TLoS. If it's a game to sell toys, I know it CAN NOT be good. I'll wait 'till we get some ACTUAL gameplay footage before my final judgment, but for now it's not looking good.

...And anyone notice the "Likes" bar on youtube? :U

INSOMNIAC... I wish you guys would make a Spyro game again...

Alright, I'm against this, not for the fact that it is a style I find crappy, as nowdays' kids may find it attractive, but for the fact it's merely a Bakugan clone, the reason Yu Gi Oh became so famous was because it was the only card game wich could actually be played without freaking totem cards and crap like that, wich gave it quite originality, but having another clone on the video game industries is certainly not something much people are going to get into.

Also... Yeah... Alejandro Hernandez mentioned how in most recent commercials, there tends to be a name or word wich is mentioned with an annoying orgasmical voice, not like it's that bad, but it tends to repeat over and over and it ends up being obnoxious. Seriously, how many times did he mention Skylanders... with that accent in the trailer?

*clears throat* Um, wow... over a thousand dislikes in that video

Personally I agree with supersonic here. Yes, the art work is... well alright it isn't as bad as most people claim it to be. It leans on a cartoonish-kiddy attire which was just expected, but I gotta stress out that Spyro's new design just doesn't...look right. However, until I get a chance to see some gameplay or at least more mechanics, I'll keep my negative comments on the side.
Greg said:
Who took note that the new character designs were by a Dreamworks' Shrek character designer?
Hell Spyro almost ((Not really)) looks like Toothless from "How to train your dragon" but just... plain ugly in 3D compared to his concept art for the game.
spyros1.jpg

Last edited:
They are barely focusing on Spyro for the game. It isn't the Spyro it used to be, now its this Skylanders stuff. I have a feeling this won't be a true Spyro game and more of a new universe of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back