How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out about Sonic Robo Blast on Sonic Retro, watched some videos about it, then imediately downloaded it. I havn't regreted since. But I wish I could figure out how to make levels and characters!

Last edited:
Found out about it in the early 1.09.4 days when there were still 1.08 vids on YouTube. Hurt my eyes, wasn't used to seeing 2D characters in 3D levels. Came across it again 3 years later. STILL 1.09.4, but I downloaded it anyways. I managed to at least play it for a year(single player, I was so retarded that I had no idea how to chat in netgames) and 2.0 came up. I played 2.0 netgames crazily, and here I am today.

I found 2.0 in my continuous and ever present search for a satisfying Sonic game... this one sadisfies me more often then others, though I am still waiting for ones in development... and some that will never come. >.>
I love the community here! And though I've failed many times to have enough time to make a level pack over the past year, I still make time to play online with fellow anthropromorphic creatures!!

I saw a few Youtube videos of it in its 1.09 days (I believe). Wasn't interested at first, but, a few years later, one of my subscriptions had a Hide and Seek match on Youtube, and I just said "That's it! I'm getting on there!"

Wow, this is an old topic. SSNTails even posted in it twice, once a month ago, the other in 2007.

I think I came across Demo 2 through SAGE. I was blown out of my mind. 3D fan games were extremely rare back then (there were none, apart from Sonic Doom and SRB2 itself). I kept following SRB2's progress until the release of Final Demo 1.0. I remember seeing the picture of THZ2 which SSNTails posted on the front page and being awestruck. Mystic's level pack, Mystic Realm Mystic Way Mystic Realm was really going places, too, but it was some time in the 1.0 era that Mystic Realm 4 was released, coinciding with the release date of the new version of SRB2 itself. I remember I downloaded both, but Mystic Realm finished in very little time while SRB2 was taking forever (no broadband back then), so I was very much peeved I had something which I wanted to but could not play.

I was left without an internet connection during the 1.04-1.08 period, but I regained it just days before 1.09 was released. That's when I played my first netgames, and a few months later decided to join the forums. I was very much still a kid at the time, so.

Found it on Youtube when looking up SONIC 3D BLAST. Got a sugestion of SONIC ROBO BLAST, found a video and was like "WTF is this?"... So I pressed links and Googled SRB2 and found it... And here I stand today.

Long story short, somehow found fanmade.emulationzone.org when searching for fangames and found Srb2 after the other games got cleaned out for taking up too much space. It was at the time where the demo that was out had Ring Lake Zone in it.

My friend called VladFreeman suggested me to play srb2 with him. I wasn't very interested on sonic fangames so i wasn't very cool with it.. 1.09.4 was my first version and when i started i fell in love with it XD. But i saw some srb2 vids before on youtube but i wasn't interested as i said.

I was looking up random Sonic stuff and found srb2.org. When I learned that it ran on the DooM engine, I tried making a NiGHTS level. When that didn't work, I posted a question on the forum. It never got answered, but what the hey.

I also found Sonic Robo Blast 2 on Camian Games, or whatever its called, I found Srb2 Around the 1.09.4 release in the early starts. After like a year or so, I ended up deleting it from my computer. 2 months later, I decided to download it again. I never knew that it was 2.0, so when I finished THZ3 I was shocked that it wasn't Castle Eggman.

I guess that's why I'm here now....

I was watching the videos on YouTube by SuperSonicSanctuary about v1.09.4, so I decided to check out the game myself. I also tried getting my friend, Kyle (not the one that appears in netgames) to play it, because I didn't realize at the time you couldn't add bots, which is what SSS was doing in his videos, but he said he couldn't download anything at the time. Hard to believe that was almost 7 months ago.

I found SRB2 on youtube one day way back when I was in 6th or 7th grade. Considering that I'm about to enter 10th grade, that was a long time ago. Around the same time the internet was becoming more prominent in my life.

I was chatting with someone in a chat-box, and he said to me, "Check this game out! *Insert link here*"

Really, it was as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back