My trip to New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
So, I never told you guys, but I went out on the 26th to New Orleans for our vacation. I guess I'll just make a little diary here. Hooray for free Wi-Fi at our hotel!

Day 0, the 26th: Well, it was an 8 hour drive. Annnnnnd it turns out our car wouldn't take the charger for my laptop because a fuse in the car was blown, and we're not sure if we can get it fixed. So, aside from a book on weird laws in the Middle Ages and Sonic Rush, (I am a traitor D:) I just sat there. And sat there. And sat there, for 7-8 hours, all the way through Alabama and Mississipi.

So, when we finally got to New Orleans, I was all
ka4gwh.jpg

because even before we got to Bourbon Street, the place was huge. I mean, cars everywhere. And THEN we actually got on the way to the hotel, and hooooolllly crap, that was... interesting. Imagine, OK, this shopping center, with little shops and resturants out on the sidewalk.

Now imagine 10,000 people, and they're all insane and partying ALL THE TIME. I don't even KNOW if it was 10,000, it could have been a ton more. And I'm not lying about the strip clubs! There must have been like 10 of them, and they had actual, real live bouncers in the doors! (No, I didn't go in one what the hell people) There were a few dance clubs around, too, and everywhere you went was the loudest music you could possibly imagine in every direction.

So, after that, we all headed back to the hotel and ordered dinner. I got some pizza, it was all right, but a little more flat and thin than I like. After that, I went to bed.

Day 1, the 27th: Right now, I'm sitting at this laptop, about to get a shower. The folks are going to the D-Day Museum, so I'm just going to stay here until we head out into town again. Hopefully, we'll take one of the quieter streets. Apparently, it's like this every day.

So we went out for breakfast at the hotel's resturant, I had the buffet. That was nice, I haven't had a buffet breakfast in a while. Then me and my mom walked around the street a little and got some beads for my friends. The store we got them from had 'WAKE THE **** UP' brand coffee. Too bad it was $13.

So, after we had breakfast, I messed around IRC for a while. After that, we all went out to go this place called Cafe Beneit, but that was too crowded, so after we had wandered out for a little while, and I had gotten some postcards from the voodoo shop (yes, there was a voodoo shop, this place is so awesome) to give to my friends, we went back to the hotel to think of where to go.

That reminds me, while we were out, I saw the coolest thing. There was this guy out there, covered in gold paint, posed like a statue. Not moving at all, not even breathing. We gave him a tip, because, well, the guy deserved one. I hope he had his eyes closed.

Anyway, we came out of the hotel to go get dinner at this resturant, that was pretty good. We took a carriage ride back to the hotel after that. Oh yeah, I went in a taxi today, too. A real live taxi!

Anyway, that'll be it for today until tommorow. Turns out we leave on the 29th, not 30th, so after tommorow, we'll be heading back. Please, please, let the laptop work this time. My mind can't handle that kind of drive.

I'll keep you posted as stuff happens.

Last edited:
8 hours? That's nothing. Try doing 12 hours 2 days in a row, followed by a 15 hour day.

...Where were you going, Australia?

Anyway...

Last Day, the 28th:

Well, last night, my cosuin went out drinking without us, and ended up passing out on the street until the ambulance picked him up and took him to the hospital. He's OK, but we're all pretty angry at him, like you'd expect. I'm just glad he's not dead. :/

Anyway. In happier news, I notice that this hotel doesn't have rooms ending in 13. Like, our floor just goes straight to 512 to 514. Funky.

So, anyway, we went out today and had lunch, and I got this tiny little chicken sandwich, so I'm waiting for my parents to bring some pizza over here. On the way back, I took a crapton of pictures, so I'll be putting through Sendspace eventually.

We leave tommorow. Y'know, I think I'm seriously going to miss this nuthouse.

So, we went out tonight to wander around the streets, and there was some creepy poet there. He was all, "Hey, do you have a girlfriend?" "Uh, no sir." *hands me a poem called LOVE* Yeah, I'm glad we got away from that guy.

Man, I'm going to miss this place a lot, crazies and all. Still... man, this place wears me out.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/exqot7 - I went ahead and put up SOME of the pictures. I'll probably have the rest I took tommorow, I'll let you know when I put up the new link.

Last edited:
Anyway. In happier news, I notice that this hotel doesn't have rooms ending in 13. Like, our floor just goes straight to 512 to 514. Funky.
I can beat that, my hotel has no 13th floor.
Then again, it also doesn't have a 6th, 7th, etc. floor either.
Seriously though, some hotels are superstitous and omit the number 13.
I've been in a hotel that was 21 stories high without a 13th floor, so yeah.

It's especially dramatic savings to drive if you have a large family. I'm one of four kids, so when we take the family somewhere, that would be 6 plane tickets. By comparison, you only have to pay for the gas once.

It depends if you have a big car. Plus, how much gas you need.
I wouldn't mind driving for 4 hours to get to Canada. But if I want to get across the country. I will never drive 24 hours... I'm taking the plane. :P

Last edited:
Six plane tickets to halfway across the country is far more expensive than gas for a thousand mile trip and money for two cheap hotel rooms for a night.

It sucks but that's just the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back