help for noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this is starting to bug me. If you can only join a game by Ip you are banned from the MS. If you don't know what a "MS" is, its a website. But not any website. it has the servers and there IP. I think its srb2.servgame.org.

DB and WA are only suggestions. Hrere a hint: There are more programs you can use than DB or WA!

If you don't know what RPG is it stands for role-playing game. Other its called Hangout. Just don't choose "avertise on Master Server" if you want to make a Hangout game or RPG server. Sure, No one can see it so they can't join, but its against the rules. Sorry if this may be still red.

AFK maean " away from keyboard". IDK stands for "I don;t know". BRB maeans "be right back". and my favorite, LOL , standing for Laugh out loud.

Don't just thok,thok,thok to the finsh. you can become banned or kicked by the host maybe if you do. If you get to the end before them, just wait unless you can't. Thokers : if you want to thok like crazy go to a race sever. Coop isn't made for thokking all the way to the finsh

Good day and, read my sig and find if you wanna talk without 99% chance of the admins looking at it.

supersonic45 said:
If you can only join a game by Ip you are banned from the MS. If you don't know what a "MS" is, its a website. But not any website. it has the servers and there IP. I think its srb2.servgame.org.
Most people who are banned from the MS usually know what the MS is beforehand.

supersonic45 said:
DB and WA are only suggestions. Hrere a hint: There are more programs you can use than DB or WA!
To my knowledge, no one has ever made a full wad with any other program. There's a reason for that.

With that said, this isn't a terribly helpful topic.

Good day and, read my sig and find if you wanna talk without 99% chance of the admins looking at it.
What makes you think the admins go searching through everybody's PMs?

Anyways, yeah.. this topic is a little useless. And inaccurate. You CAN join games if they aren't hosted on the master server, you just need to know the host's IP address. This is how we used to do things before we had the master server.

Wrong. The Master Server (Logan's machine) sends and recieves SRB2 Server names and hands them out to the players viewing it. That's why when the Master Server site goes down, so do the list of games. The site and the server are intertwined. No server, no site, no list of games for players.

The SVN goes down, as well. T_T
Pretty much everything stands still around here when Logan's server is down..

Dark Warrior said:
Wrong. The Master Server (Logan's machine) sends and recieves SRB2 Server names and hands them out to the players viewing it. That's why when the Master Server site goes down, so do the list of games. The site and the server are intertwined. No server, no site, no list of games for players.

ahh, that is incorrect, the web site gets the data from the masterserver the same way SRB2 does, same thing goes for the IRC bot

it just that IRC bot, Webserver, and masterserver are all run on the same PC, but they don't have to be.

Shuffle said:
The SVN goes down, as well. T_T
Pretty much everything stands still around here when Logan's server is down..
the public SVN, and Trac are run by Alam's PC

I know that they don't HAVE to be run on the same machine. But they ARE. Which is why when your machine goes boom, so does everything else.

Oh, thanks. That meant a lot. DB and WA aren't the only one used; I've seen people use XWE a lot too. Oh, and about that Shuffle,I just don't like PMs sent by other people. Thats how my email get SUPER FILLED. I like netgames, too. But how can you check someones IP? I mean, isn't that super hard?

supersonic45 said:

XWE, lumpmod, Deepsea, Doombuilder, Wadauthor, SRB2wadder(something like that), you name it!

There are more then enough programs to keep yourself up. The most popular ones are obviously XWE and Doombuilder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back