Spelling Cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is a good idea, the problem is that the people who would use a spellcheck are the people who don't need it.

When you hit the Submit button it goes into the spell check mode and you are forced to check you work.

That's even worse, because it punishes everyone because SOME people are idiots. Also, a more serious problem than spelling is grammar, anyhow, and I've never seen an effective grammar check.

No not really, the gamespot froums have something like that, but it's a button at the bottom of the page instead and your not forced to check your spelling.

This is what it looks like.
untitled34ud.png

Nu-uh. Bad idea. I was in a forum with a program like that, and it's annoying to have such popup come up forcing you to reread what the "preview" button does. Also it's annoying for stuff like lol or :P or even ^_^, to have a spell check annoy you about it.

Yeah, that's another major thing against it. The SRB2 website and forums have no ads at all, and I'd like to keep it that way if I can.

It might seem like a good idea, and indeed it's an idea with good intent, but I'm 100% against it. I've always been a firm believer that one should not be reliant upon a computer spell checker to ensure correct spelling. Back in my day schools taught us how to spell, and we did this thing called proofreading, and it worked just fine. People ought to figure out how to do it right the first time around instead of using a spell checker as a crutch.

There isn't anything wrong with spellcheck. It catches me doing stupid things all the time. I mostly use it to find easy to find typos. It's not a sustitute for proofreading, it's an aide to make it faster.

I agree, it's here to help with spelling errors. You need to proofread if you want to put all the correct finishing touches on.

phazon sonic said:
Everyone makes mistakes and we shouldent have some program helping us, you learn from your mistakes.

SOME people with actual intelligence do.

99.9% of the n00bs here never learn.

I would actually support this mod being installed, if not for the ads...
Which, I tried to remove, but comes from the reference site itself, and are not direct ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back