Official Level Design Contest: November/December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's allowed if you recreate it yourself, but it's REALLY a bad idea to port a stage, because those stages were designed for a different game mode. SA2B's "Match" mode is a lot different from SRB2's. What you definitely CANNOT do is what Shadow Hog did: taking a WAD file from Doom and making it into an SRB2 Match level.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I believe it's allowed if you recreate it yourself, but it's REALLY a bad idea to port a stage, because those stages were designed for a different game mode. SA2B's "Match" mode is a lot different from SRB2's. What you definitely CANNOT do is what Shadow Hog did: taking a WAD file from Doom and making it into an SRB2 Match level.

Acctualy, I'm re-making Lost Colony, the Shooter level 4 one. It works rather well, and though it's cramped it's also dark, so it's a little hard to see some on at first glance.

Nathan Speed said:

Acctualy, I'm re-making Lost Colony, the Shooter level 4 one. It works rather well, and though it's cramped it's also dark, so it's a little hard to see some on at first glance.

What you're doing is called "Glaber Syndrome".

glaber said:
Nathan Speed said:

What you're doing is called "Glaber Syndrome".

If I could be told what that was...?

Glaber Syndrome said:
Glaber syndrome is currently the bringing over of levels or gimmicks from other games. This usually does not work, but in some rare cases it does work.

Ah. Well, I guess that's me. XD
Truthfuly, I find that it works very well. And I had Angelus_the_echidna test it, and he said it was rather good. Though I would lke more testers for it.... >.> <.< >.< (hinthinthint)

So I think it will port well. So far it's fun.

Current Progress of End Year Of NiGHTS
srb20806.png

No end Nights Level would be complete with out a clock tower now would it?

srb20807.png

Even Motobug came by to say hello. He will be appearing in this year's edition of SRB2 Christmas as well.

I'm not sure if Motobug appeared in your other levels, but does it act any different than a Crawla?

Then again, this is a NiGHTS level, so I assume it's not going to move at all...

Motobug is basicly a Crawla Clone. This version had its sprites modified from Sonic Schoolhouse Sprites and is faster than a Blue Crawla, but slower than a Red one.

This Motobug does move, but I have it confined to a small area with No Monster linedefs.

Notice to Chrome: I'm not trying to gloat. =P

Well, I'm gonna try something new: a Tails-exclusive race. Race has been Sonic-only, and even when you try to balance the characters, it's just more fun with Sonic. This race has ForceCharacter = 1, "Furry Fox" in the name of the stage, and No Climb flags (because you CAN change your character within the middle of a ForceCharacter in a multiplayer stage.) Like Moon Milkshake, an experimental stage, this stage may very well fall flat on its face, but it's worth a shot, I think.

I considered it gloating when you talked about how many linedefs it had and such, your just showing us whats in store for the contest. Which I tend to enjoy more then knowing how many linedefs or sector tags your level has.

I also submitted my CTF level, Autumn Breeze Zone. It's basically Total Unoriginality Central, as it steals gimmicks from the following maps:

Wall Fortresses Zone by JJames19119
Greenery Cave Zone by JJames19119
Four Seasons Circuit Zone by Oogaland
Diamondus Zone by Glaber
Cloud Palace Zone by <unknown>
Underground Pool Zone by a441

Despite all of that, it's actually not a joke WAD.

Very, very soon, I will be submitting my level. I'm not providing any screenshots. I want it to be a surprise.

Im not even halfway done with my level. If this works out i think i may do a single player version of iron turret!

glaber said:
Current Progress of End Year Of NiGHTS
srb20806.png

No end Nights Level would be complete with out a clock tower now would it?

srb20807.png

Even Motobug came by to say hello. He will be appearing in this year's edition of SRB2 Christmas as well.
Awesome It reminds me of BellBridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back