Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I'd like to know real quick... (not asking for you to 'do it', just want to know if possible before I even try to attempt this.)

Is it possible to rotate the camera around the player and to look over the player using a mouse? I've tried setting it to analog mode, but that making the mouse move my character even with mouse-move off.

Last edited:
Rotating the camera around the player you can do, yes. Though I think that's DEVMODE only, IIRC?

Rotating the camera over the player on the other hand, nothing in SRB2 has top/bottom sprites etc, so that wouldn't look any good anyway if it's what I think you mean. So no, that can't be done, I suppose?

EDIT: Eurgh, wasn't clear what you were asking. x_x No, you can't do either with a mouse I'm sure.

Yeah... sorry about not making it too clear.

Well, thanks anyways.

I was trying to make a set-up similar to Sonic GDK, but whatever.

Last edited:
There should really be more flexibility with rotating the camera. Not only in devmode, but it would be really useful in multiplayer.

If you wanna know another way to move the camera as a solution without the mouse use "Cam_rotate (then a angle degree) for example like 180" in the console this command is for the angle for the player's camera to move from side to side. But it's not really possible for a camera to look on top or bottom of there character. Maybe in Opengl it would look flat from the top but in normal srb2 doesn't suport top and bottom sprites as Monster Iestyn said.

Last edited:
If you wanna know another way to move the camera as a solution without the mouse use "Cam_rotate (then a angle degree for example like 180)" in the console this command is for the angle for the player camera from side to side. But it's not really possible for a camera to look on top of there character. Maybe in Opengl it would look flat from the top but in normal srb2 doesn't suport top and bottom sprites.

But you still need devmode for that. Plus it takes away the use in first person view, since you can still use keyboard.

But you still need devmode for that. Plus it takes away the use in first person view, since you can still use keyboard.

You don't need Devmode for Cam_rotate or Opengl
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/DEVMODE
From this wiki I see nothing that say's any of though's thing's.

And plus if you wanna put back third person just put chasecam on.

EDIT: Ok maybe for "chasecam on" require's Devmode but I see nothing else. Also I found another command "Cam_Height" but not sure if it require's Devmode.

Last edited:
<words were used>
EDIT: Ok maybe for "chasecam on" require's Devmode but I see nothing else. Also I found another command "Cam_Height" but not sure if it require's Devmode.

As a person who regularly switches into first-person mode regardless of the gametype, I can safely say Chasecam doesn't require DEVMODE. It's even in the options menu for both players in a splitscreen game individually.

Cam_height , Cam_dist and the other camera control commands also don't need DEVMODE.

But yeah, I really wish the Turn Left/Right control commands rotated the camera in analog mode. It just plain makes sense.

The Only Way I Know is
cam_rotate <?>
With This you can rotate The Camera In Chasecam
This is not a helpfull because you can't use the mouse to rotate the camera

Last edited:
The camera rotate buttons do not require DEVMODE, but I don't believe they can be mapped to a mouse axis at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back