Can't find out why I'm getting Sigsegv..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenSoul

I get the segment violation error every time I try to select my character wad in multiplayer or single player. I'm using SLumpEd (my sprites have an actual transparent background, not cyan), and for some reason, even though I have the box unchecked, it refuses to not let my last group of lumps go uncapitalized. I figured if that was the only problem, it would only freeze when I had to use those sprites, not when I try to select my character.

The S_SKIN1:
name = Cody
face = CODYLIFE
facename = CODYNAME
ability = 0
normalspeed = 34
thrustfactor = 4
accelstart = 128
acceleration = 40
spin = 0
prefcolor = 0
jumpheight = 100
boxindex = 0
runspeed = 30
runonwater = 1
allowsuper = 0
nojumpspin = 1
lightdash = 1
homing = 1
ringslinger = 1
slingitem = 74
actionspd = 40
waterskip = 0
mindash = 15
maxdash = 60

The OBJCTCFG:

SRB2 version = 109

Character 0
PlayerName = Cody
PicName = CODYPIC
SkinName = Cody
Status = 32
PlayerText = Fast
Thok#

Firstly, go Match and select your character via console. Trust me, I've had a problem with one of my characters before. If it works, go chasecam = 1 in the console and if it screws up, it's your sprites. Something like that wouldn't happen with the S_SKIN.

If it glitches up no matter what, check the order of your S_SKIN and your variables, that's all I can say.

I personally wouldn't bother with SlumpEd unless you can't get XWE Beta to run on your PC. SlumpEd always auto-capitalizes lumps after you open WADs, so you'll have to make those lumps lowercase every time you edit the WAD. Go to the wiki and download XWE Beta if you can. It's not 100% stable, but it does the job. :P

I was gonna say "Check that your life icons and character select pic are before your S_SKIN, which is before your OBJCTCFG" but then you'd be getting an EMERA0 error instead.

If it sigsevs when you jump off a spring, then it's the lower-case glitch. Otherwise, I'm unsure.

XWE doesn't usually cause WAD crashes if you set it up the right way. If you are trying to run on Vista, then you should read the XWE tutorial. Even if you aren't running it on Vista, you should still read the first part of the XWE tutorial on setting it up.

Violo was right, it was my sprites. I'm using PNG sprites with an already set transparent background, but if I switch to XWE beta, should I use BMP with the cyan background, or can I keep using the same ones?

Erm, why won't XWE allow me to set offsets for my sprites? All of them are set to 0, 0, which apparently won't let the sprites appear, and crashes the moment I try to move with my character. The only ones I can change the offsets for are the PLAYNAME and the such, which I'm not suppose to change.

The offsets should be in the top of the screen, check sonic.plr's files (make sure you got auto-capitalization off) and check it's offsets. Then change the offsets of your chacater to that. Easy enough.

It should be easy enough, but the thing is, as soon as I change the offsets, it goes back to 0. I can't change the offsets of any of my sprites. Auto capitalization is off.

In one of the drop-down menus, there is a Save option. Select that. If that doesn't work, get sonic.plr and copy it, then replace the file you want to put in. The put in the S_SKIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back