• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 - Srb2k6regenerated mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thompson

Endokukennnn
Mod In Progress
Srb2 - Sonic Robo Blast 2006 Regenerated

Irc Channel
Grab a Irc client and join #sth360re if you'd like more info about sth360re and development progress. Maybe even secrets revealed, irc betas, and more sexy level pics!

Levels

-HUB WORLDS
Soleanna Castle Town
New City
Soleanna Forest

-ACTION STAGES
Wave Ocean
Dusty Desert
White Acropolis
Crisis City
Flame Core
Tropical Jungle
Radical Train
Kingdom Valley
Aquatic Base
End of the World

-# of MISSIONS (Side Objectives, though few required to get through game)

40 "Be aware this might change..."

What Missions do by the way is actually help you advance in the game and help humans/animals in need. Whenever you complete a mission you earn one of these...

srb20000k.png
EMBLEMS! The more emblems you collect, unlockables to be revealed!

STH360RE trailers/pics

srb20001r.png

srb20000o.png

srb20004.png

srb20002.png

srb20003w.png

srb20003.png

(No Trailers) :(

General Info/Facts/Whatever/TLDR MADNESS!!!
So, this is it! The Srb2 - Sth360REgenerated mod, Wad in Progress. So this'll have it's own EXE that support some of this mod's features and whatnot. Emblems, Time Attack, Unlockables, and more! There's a tutorial level in the beginning of the game that helps beginner players. It only teaches them basics. Like; attacks/roboblast-bounce/hoops/enemy's/etc. There's a very helpful translucent box with a question mark that gives you really helpful hints/suggestions/...and hints which looks very lot like this...
srb20001.png
who is called HINTBOX! :) But wait, this hintbox has a secret identity? Who is it?
I've only made this supportable for the gametypes:

-Single player
-2 player
-Cooperation
-Race

Upcoming Alpha BETA information!

-INCLUDED LEVELS
Soleanna Castle Town
Wave Ocean
Dusty Desert
(1) Mission(s)
Tutorial
Silver

Few bug/glitches/problems... :/

-When you play co-op there seems to be little lag which kind of ruins the scripting in the game.

-The application seems to be have a little trouble executing the scripts. It'll add jibberish words from the config, while playing. Or sometimes the scripts get in the way of executing the level executers...
-There are few visual glitches. I can't seem to find them from plaiying in-game or by checking the map errors in the map editor. But not a big problem, really. Most of them are small...
-Doesn't seem to save gamedata right for some reason. There is a gamedata.dat file, but doesn't seem to work completly correct. It's acting retarded at the moment...this will effect almost all data, which is kind of lame. But I know this is fixable. On the next beta, this will be solved.
-The flow with this mod is kind of off. If it had Cutscenes, it would ALL make sense...
-When fighting Eggman the first time, there's this stupid weird glitch when he flies away toward the center of the arena he gets stuck. I don't know why it's doing this. There isn't a monster block there either. Checked like 5 times...

Um, that's about all i found in error problems. I don't know if this'll sigsev or whatever. I have never gotten one. So if you get a sigsev, I'm completly sorry. Report to me and I'll see what I can do or suggest what you can do.

So, that's it! WHOO!!!

Srb2k6re downloads:
ALPHA BETA
Moderator Notice:
editing beta period expired, links removed

-Extract the file in the srb2 folder, and rename the exe "Sth360re"-

HALF-MOD BETA
- None
FINAL BETA
- None
SRB2K6RE MOD RELEASE
- None

Hopefully THIS srb2 next-gen mod will turn out nice this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually thought your FIRST one had potential...and this is a lot better even than that! Keep up the good work!

Wow, those screen shots look awesome! Keep up the good work! I look forward to a download link...

That's not even half of the good stuff. I have so much ideas for this mod, I created a notepad to keep them in mind. A beta download link won't come around until I finish Crisis City and succesfully finish my ideas.

Still looks great. What I like most about this is that you are taking the time to make your mod unique and figure out how to make all of your ideas work.

I'll probably try and sprite a Jellybones for you soleanna town, and actually remember to make one. I haven't really been following this mod at Wadbase (I tend not to check on most mod's progress) but it looks nice from those shots.

Also: Destoroyah's badass, Little Djermy.

That would be great Jelly, thanks! For those that can't draw well you can give me some suggestions on what to draw for Soleanna Castle Town. This is back up plan in case no one wanted to draw themselves. I'm going to add it to my human sprites notepad so I can get the idea on what to draw.

In Wave Ocean, the main problem is that it's far too cramped in areas, and the flow has plenty of sharp turns and sudden stops which ruin the flow of the gameplay. The level looks pretty, but it really isn't much fun. The surfing is an interesting idea, but the execution isn't very nice and it's fairly boring.
I DO like your hoops, though. They allow for interesting bonuses and hidden areas.

This mod is... AWESOME! Hope to see a download link soon.

For those that can't draw well you can give me some suggestions on what to draw for Soleanna Castle Town.
How about Chris from Sonic x? *shot* No, really Chris and his human friends like Danny and Helen and that other girl with the red hair and freckles?

Sure thing. I'll add that to my notepad, but it won't be like the real Chris though. I'll only sprite his looks with a different personality.

Last edited:
I think you guys are overhyping this. It does indeed look pretty from the pictures, but it doesn't look like it will play very well (and during a playtest, it really didn't).

That's not why it didn't play very well.
I'm talking about the entire level. It just felt pretty cramped and bland in most areas. The flow was awkward with some random stops and turns.

Try to make Sonic's surf/slide (Whatever.) pose a little more customized, maybe spread his arms out?

Looks great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back