[Open Assets] SRB2 Christmas Remix 2010

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw that post.

for that matter, I never saw a deletion notice either.

Last edited:
I never saw that post.

for that matter, I never saw a deletion notice either.

I don't know why it didn't show the deletion notice....
Maybe bug on the forum?
Ill never know.

EDIT: Yes I did put a reason for deletion.

Last edited:
For some reason, this completely breaks multiplayer. Blue crawlas spawn on Player 1's position and it also causes everybody to get c-kicked.

Might want to fix that

For some reason, this completely breaks multiplayer. Blue crawlas spawn on Player 1's position and it also causes everybody to get c-kicked.

Might want to fix that

This happens in all mods that have custom enemies. This is rarely seen upon other mods that have custom enemies.

This only happens on mods with customs enemies that were not updated for 2.0.5. It will be fixed for this year's edition.

I don't see why not. I mean, it's not the best, but it's enjoyable, has actual custom enemies, and is complete. Not many level packs around here that match that.

Ah the mindless fans. The best part of any horrible project. They manage to turn any situation worse by trying to defend the project they love with any bit of broken logic that they can get their eager little hands on.
emot-allears.gif

Last edited:
What can I say? It's become an annual habbit to update this. I've been doing this since 2006 when it was just a near straight port to 1.09.4 with a unlockable for playing Segata Sanserio's theme.

2007 saw the first update and fixes to the mod with the title screen fixed and the addition of Remix mode. This is also when what I called "The Lost Badniks" began to surface and Minus got misnamed Minvs due to the U in its name looked like a V. This is also when Minus got it's first sprite update before 2.0. (The same sprites used in the mod were even requested by SSNTails himself before he retired and Senku improved upon them for use with 2.0) The unlockable Stocking Stuffer was added as my first NiGHTS stage. Segata Sanserio's theam was replaced with a remix of Portal Song "Still Alive", and Mirror mode was added for both Classic and Remix mode

2008 saw Drillas updated to have the drill hurt you as if you were jumping on a Sharp from the current version. The title screen finally had the Christmas demo's title screen music added. Segata Sanserio's theam was added back in alongside 4 unused songs from Christmas demo 0.96. This is also where Megamix mode first appeared with an early version of Springing around Megamix and Emerald Coast Megamix. Emerald Coast Megamix was used as part of remix mode for that year's edition

2009 wound up not seeing the expantion to Megamix mode that was hinted at in the 2008 edition. Instead with 2.0 released earlier that year, the mod was manualy converted and Emerald coast Remix was restored. Remix mode was also made selectable from the start allowing you to choose what mode to play. But with the new save system in place, saving was broken.
Emerald Coast Megamix would then join Springing around Mega Mix in what became Mega Mix preview while the mirrored version would get left behind.
Drilla was also reverted to a crawla clone as attempting to make it a sharp clone that didn't charge at you failed.

I know it's bad, but unlike Sonic 06, this has an actual chance of improvement as the old bad level designs get cut out.

I've already transplanted Classic mode to my mod about SRB2's past so that's gone from this year's edition as is Classic Mirrored. The main levels have also been reorganized and Megamix when completed now sends you back to mode select so as to have Saving work.

Last edited:
If you've already released the update you're talking about, might wanna rename the download to scr_SRB2Christmas2010.wad so it doesn't come into conflict with anyone who didn't get the update...

The update has not been released yet. You will know when it's out once the name is changed and the Screen shots are changed.

Please, for the love of god glaber, don't just make some arbitrary cosmetic changes to this old mod and release it for us to digest. If you want to make something completely new, then that's fine, but these maps you keep re-releasing are, frankly, shit.

uhhh....

srb20367.png

Whats up here? I Didnt use noclip at all.
Console for proof.

Last edited:
Probably no thok barriers did that. SRB2 2.0 seriously stuffed up one sided linedefs that didn't have barriers for them. :\

More like messed up thok barriers. Appearently the problem was caused by the control sectors being too close to the thock barrier and the barrier being too thin. I'll address that for this release as well as post some update screens soon.

More like messed up thok barriers. Appearently the problem was caused by the control sectors being too close to the thock barrier and the barrier being too thin. I'll address that for this release as well as post some update screens soon.
Seriously...why fix it? These maps are beyond redemption. Stop performing necromancy on dead maps every year.

No! Stop what are you doing right now! Do you think every Christmas the people of this forum will play this thing that has a fixed time to be updated and the stages are really bad made?

NONONOKTHXBAI.

Its called OLD levels that sucked along time ago.
And Thats your opinion, not mine. Plus people may want to play these levels sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back