• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Invaders possibly from space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawhog

While it isn't a very serious character wad, I decided it is better to work my way to the more difficult projects...
invaderwalk.gif

While his graphics are based off of the ones from the original Arcade game, all of the actions are new. I am still in the process of testing and adding sound effects but he is ready to show to the public
0000.png

0001.png

00013.png

0005.png

0006.png

He currently has Knuckles's statistics except for his higher jumping and slower gliding... I am also debating whether or not to have the "ability2" on or not...

What do you guys think?

Well, I have the impression that you need to find a way to make the sprite big enough that you can tell what the hitbox is, but still look undistorted.

Well, I have the impression that you need to find a way to make the sprite big enough that you can tell what the hitbox is, but still look undistorted.

I know, That is the only problem I have while playing it since you get crushed by objects barely touching you...
The Netgame I tested it on did fairly well, and it sure got a lot of "wtf"s and "lol"s and that was what I intended... It isn't very serious, just a fun alternitave to the three main characters

Last edited:
Although I generally dislike "2-D" characters, this looks rather nice because of the nice-looking sprites.
I think that the ability to glide would be too overpowered; maybe a slower fall would work?

If I make him any bigger, He'd be too wide... I probably need to make a taller character in the future... But other than the whole 'getting crushed even though you still wouldn't have' he seems alright...

Yeah, Moving the graphics up is what I'm doing. I also need to find some sound effects, but other than that, It's almost finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back