Text Adventures: Should I release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarplaya

I am producing a series of text-based games on Notepad, but I'm not sure whether I should even release them. The first one is in production.

DL link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6jjcsq (Beta 2)

To play it, choose what you want to do from the list and go to the number indicated. Note what you pick up.

Post whether I should release or not (when it's finished).

Also report to me of any misspells or bugs.

I've always been a fan of Text Adventures, so I'll try it out and give you my opinion.

Edit: Pretty good. It has a lot of potential, but one thing it needs: A name. It can't just be Text Adventure or Text Adventure 1. Other than that, it's great.

edit2: Oh! And yeah, I think it'd be great to release it. But you should check with the admins just in case you're not allowed to release it on the board.

Personally, I think text-based games fail due to (opinion) no graphics=no fun. But that's just me. Also, a lot of them are really buggy, but if you want to release it go ahead.

I think that their problem is that you can see everything that will happen. If you hide the stuff and just show what you should read, it's OK. But you can't do that in a text file. Bad >_>

And what's all this about? I got lost x_X Need more NOW.

Sik said:
I think that their problem is that you can see everything that will happen. If you hide the stuff and just show what you should read, it's OK. But you can't do that in a text file. Bad >_>

You remind me of Sonic PC, a text based sonic game on Works Word Processor that i made. It used hyperlinks.

And what's all this about? I got lost x_X Need more NOW

Don't know what you're talking about.

Next beta when my computer gets fixed (I'm on my mum and dad's)

The storyline. I could do little. I wanna more! I wanna know what's the whole thing about!

Well, not notepad itself, it's what some people have done with notepad.
EX: a bat file which keeps opening itself.
Edit:That might not be buggy, but I've also seen alot of glitchy things done with notepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back