Creating your own Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't that the game's source code? Or is there some .dev file for a master server in there?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in Tools/Masterserver. Now what do I do with the EXE?

EDIT2: I tried opening it with CMD, and now something happened, but I don't know what it means:
Code:
Initializing socket... DONE1.
Initializing server socket... DONE9.
usgae: masterserver.exe port
Freeing server socket... DONE10.
Free socket... DONE2.

You need to pass the port you want it to listen on as an argument at the command line. For example:

Code:
masterserver 28900

Now what? Is that all? If it is, then I want to know how to kick, ban, make people admins, etc.

EDIT: I just tried connecting, with and without the 28900. Should I be using something other than the IP, like the default gateway or something?

EDIT2: Never mind, I just made a typo when I changed the master server. I still need to know how to kick, ban, etc.

The masterserver itself doesn't provide a mechanism for banning. Logan uses his firewall to drop connections from banned addresses.

The MS needs a banning system in it though, so that users know why they are banned.

furyhunter600 said:
The MS needs a banning system in it though, so that users know why they are banned.

isn't that my Ban list topic is for?

He means something built-in to the Master Server, and SRB2, so that it will actually inform the user in-game that they were banned and why (like the hack we just installed on this board).

FoxBlitzz said:
He means something built-in to the Master Server, and SRB2, so that it will actually inform the user in-game that they were banned and why (like the hack we just installed on this board).
*Gasp* Haxx0r!

...Whats the hack do?

NeoJames said:
FoxBlitzz said:
*Gasp* Haxx0r!

...Whats the hack do?

'nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back