Dedicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoJames

I'm trying to host a dedicated server for srb2..but it isn't working

I'm able to host normally...but when I try to do it (Using the launcher) It shows the console box...but noone joins and it dosn't show up on the MS website

Any suggestions?

Acually, I'm using the launcher...

But I'll try adding that to the manuel parameters

EDIT: Ok, I think it's working...but how do you change the name of the server?

Create a file similar to autoexec.cfg, named addedserv.cfg. In that, put the console command 'servername "Neojames' public netgame'" (Or whatever)

DanteEX said:
What is it gonna be dedicated to?
A dedicated server doesn't mean something like,"I dedicate this server to Nomar Garciaparra." It means a server without you, instead with a computer host...I think.

Shuffle said:
Uh, I think adedserv.cfg is the same as config.cfg, not autoexec.cfg.
Although that's the way it's often been used in practice, it's not actually the case: adedserv.cfg is the counterpart of autoexec.cfg; dconfig.cfg of config.cfg. This has important implications for setting the masterserver: it works in the latter, but by the time the former is executed, it's too late.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
A dedicated server doesn't mean something like,"I dedicate this server to Nomar Garciaparra." It means a server without you, instead with a computer host...I think.
Close, but a little clarification might be helpful. Firstly, a dedicated server is one in which the person running the server does not have a player in the game. It's called such as it would be used in this fashion on machines running solely for the purpose of hosting: i.e., dedicated to hosting. Of course, this is not always the case, as people most often leave it running in the background while they do other things, so it's something of a misnomer. Alam calls it 'headless mode', which is perhaps more accurate, if a little macabre...

Cory the Hedgehog said:
DanteEX said:
What is it gonna be dedicated to?
The technical definition:
It means it's dedicated to hosting the game instead of playing it...
The host has no entity in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back