Official Level Design Contest - February Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

This month is another Match contest, so nothing abnormal here. I altered the rules to add a few reminders, so please read them again. It doesn't take that much time.

Next month, I do have something interesting planned again, though, so get ready for something weird ^_^

Rules:

1. All levels must work correctly in Match and Tag, meaning they must include the 32 Deathmatch starts. Other features are optional, but suggested. Chaos support is a definate plus.
2. Collaborations are allowed, and testing is encouraged.
3. Custom textures are allowed, but custom music will require you to host a seperate wad to add it, as I'm not sucking Sepwich's bandwidth any more than I need to. Also, you may not name the custom textures anything that is already in srb2.srb
4. Please give the level header seperately as well as in the WAD file. Providing it seperately makes it much easier to combine the levels into the contest pack, making it that much faster to play them after the deadline.
5. Remember that these levels will be uploaded to the Addons section after the contest, so provide a description or you'll get my exciting message saying I don't have a description from you.
6. You may enter as many levels as you want, but please remember that more time spent normally means a better result.
7. All levels are due to me by March 1st, 2004 at 12:00 UT (February 29th, 7 PM EST)

However, deathmatch stages are by far the easiest levels to make. I did a Single Player contest already, and they will happen again, but I don't wanna do it too often to encourage newer wad developers to try and enter. If every contest isn't the easiest thing to do, they won't try.

Also, remember that you don't need a contest to make a map. You'd probably get more praise for making a single player map when people don't expect it, as it would be a pleasant surprise.

3 was actually better than my expected turnout. I didn't really expect more than 1 or 2, really.

This month's contest WAD may be a day or two late since my mail appears to be down for the moment. Hopefully that will resolve soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back