Suggestions

Wouldn't something like that be fairly easy to make in Lua? (if not, please kill me with a brick :p)
I had tried to do this a while ago... the way I am going about this currently is making a MF_GRABBABLE flag that allows players to hang onto any mobj with this flag, but it requires many qualifiers and actions to work, so I'm not sure what your definition of "easy" is. It most likely would be easy to the experienced Lua-er, but not to the novice.

I had tried to do this a while ago... the way I am going about this currently is making a MF_GRABBABLE flag that allows players to hang onto any mobj with this flag, but it requires many qualifiers and actions to work, so I'm not sure what your definition of "easy" is. It most likely would be easy to the experienced Lua-er, but not to the novice.

I suppose I meant a more experienced "Lua-er". Forgive my ignorance, I am just a nub.

-Change thunder noise, it doesn't really sound like thunder, it sounds like firecrackers exploding inside a closed toilet.
-Add thundersnow weather
-Update death noise
-Sonic 2 explosion noise
-Sonic 2 jump noise
-Change GFZ grass texture, it looks like a sponge covered in slime.
(when I say sonic 2 sound effects, I didn't mean that chunky sounding shit from 1.09.4)
-Change CEZ completely, it should be made to look medieval and not some stupid ugly dull cliched bowser castle. (except x10 times uglier)

Last edited:
Suggestions for minor things

Hey, I've got a few things instead of the ones I used to suggest a year or two, so hopefully I'm not actually late to this (I'm only having 5 of the 12 suggestions because most of them only includes things that can already be done by LUA, and one that I also forgot that can be done with music wads).

1. When selecting a character in character select, can you make the character mugshot have the option to be animated?

2. If you can, you can make Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic & Tails mugshots in the character select screen animated some way or another. Unless if you're gonna leave it optional for WAD characters.

3. Add Windy/hurricane weathers (I guess monsoon as a seasonal weather too?) and a SFX that would hint that.

4. Add sandstorms.

5. Add Autumn season

I have a suggestion: Every match/CTF map could have a gimmick that players can use to their advantage. For example: Jade Valley could have vines that players swing on to jump off and gain height to reach high up places or to get away from IT players if you're playing Tag.

Srb2 will be better if it supports png / jpg (for realistic purposes) textures just like Doom supports.

PNG support wouldn't add any rendering capabilities. The software renderer is limited to 256 colors anyway. The most benefit you'd get is if PNG conversion included alpha channel approximation (to the 10 levels we support) to make things like windows look a tad nicer and easier to set up. (It'd benefit OpenGL users, but uh... we'll have to get that to even be usable first. It doesn't even render slopes in the current development branch!)

Also lmfao JPG is a garbage image format

So, I'm essentially copying this suggestion from a comment I made on the IRC, so here we go.

ohiCyOE.png

Looking at the way spindash trails are done now, occasionally, when looking from behind, the character will be completely drowned out by the spin. I kinda feel this looks ugly, so I am attempting to suggest, that instead of having the spin trails be affected by the transparency of other spin trails, that transparency from matching objects ignore the same object, instead of applying over themselves becoming a solid color. I have attempted to show this in the attached image, but am not particularly sure how well it is stated, so um...

Also, I have no idea how hard it would be to coax the renderer into giving this effect so

If only I still had my Rock Band controllers so I could try mapping the game to a drumpad again.

Anyway, back around the time 2.1.12 was being put together I started work on making analog slightly better. I never did much for it, but there's a #define in the source code somewhere to enable what I had and there were a few changes that IMO made it a bit more playable. I didn't enable them for any official builds because I wasn't comfortable assuming those changes would be cool to the people who use analog. At some point when I'm not too busy fixing slopes and stuff I'll have to get a crew of analog mode players together to do a rework justice. (Any takers?)

But hey, at least you can use it in netgames now.

This is late, but would you be needing Analog TESTERS or Analog CODERS? Because if you need a TESTER I'd be more than happy to oblige, as I would be more than willing to help get a not terrible analog mode for Srb2. Although I feel like to get a good working Analog mode the camera would have to be changed significantly.

Mostly testers. I mean, I wouldn't turn down coding help for it if someone wants to, but I mostly just wanted to get together people who can give feedback on tweaks. I'll put out more of a word when I actually have the time to work on Analog mode, though.

If you do I'd be more than happy to help test for you. I love using analog mode and wish I didn't have to use the d-pad

On that subject, I should note that more responsive camera rotation is the most important thing. Full right stick analog control with sensitivity is the ideal, but at worst the left/right rotation needs to be sped up considerably. Rotating the camera is essential for control when the view isn't automatically centered wherever the character is facing, but it's way too slow right now: A 180 rotation takes something like 3 whole seconds, and it's completely resistant to rotating while you're in motion.

Mostly bringing it up here because it turns out rotation is impossible when riding a spinning polyobject, so any centripetal jumps in that case would render the game unplayable with analog. Rotating polys need some work in general- any plans on making them stickier so that players don't just slip off at high speeds? Croc's a good reference for this type of platforming, it's kinda rare to see in games.

Last edited:
I Only have 1 Suggestion :

• Add "Reconnect" command so we can reconnect to the last server we were in, or Reconnect while still in it .

Now it becomes 2 :

• Allow us to access console while Downloading PWADs in-game so we will be able to use the Command above to Re-attempt to download WAD Files needed instead of going to the Server browser again

Let me fix that problem, with an alternative solution

* Add some GetWAD support.
* Seriously, being able to download from the message board for example while ingame would be a blessing.

Actually, I would appreciate it if you can implement a feature where you can browse for SRB2 mods, so that you have a list with all mods located on the MB to download and also the option to open the mods thread in your main browser. Also when adding files it should check it for some checksum (md5 for example) and compare them with those on the MB. This would be usefull when joining a game so that the the person who joins the server downloads mods directly from the MB instead from the hoster. Also the checksum could be used to update mods if a newer version is detected on the MB.

But I don't think that this will happen anytime soon...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back