How do I make my own EXE mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

I can't figure out how to make my own EXE for my mod(s). So please, can someone please tell me how to do this, and if any additional software is required, where do I get it?

Kaysakado said:
That tells you to IMMEDIATELY compile it. If you plan on editing it, do so before compileing it. (text editing is easy, but anything else... not so easy) If you want to make it automatically load wads, here's what CZ64 told me:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
On src\D_Main.c. Around the 860th line, you can see the files that are automatically added, so go to the bottom of that list, and under soar.dta, add your file. Then, under line 1236, make a new line, adding your wad's MD5 code. Make sure to set the new order of files right. It's probably gonna be 11, so scroll down and change music.dta from 11 to 12. And if you don't know what your wad's MD5 code is, just put anything there. Once you compile the exe, you'll get an error screen, with the MD5 that the wad currently has.

You need to know at least the basic principles of C/C++ to do ANYTHING properly. If you're in High School, you might be able to take it as a course and eventually know enough to make your own EXE modification. But, if don't know anything about C/C++, or even what it is, you're not going to be able to make your own EXE mod. It's not like making a map, character, or even SOC; it's something in it's own class. You could always try teaching yourself, but... meh.

Kaysakado said:
Whatever. C++ is pretty much C# with objects, isn't it?

C++ is much more complicated than C#, since C# is made for simplicity...

I taught myself C through making SRB2Live, I could barely code the stuff when I first started it, with Oogaland's help, I can now do winsock connections and a load of other crap <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back