Suggestions

Or is it too complex/too much time or work to implement?

Bingo. Whilst we have a set of lumpname whitelists, sprites need special header lumps in order to be read in, and the conditions for those lumps being allowed would be complicated to set up.

But I thought the Hitbox Height and Radius is not determined by the sprite itself ?

It isn't. The issue here is that it'd be easier to see the player and therefore would allow the person with the file to have a quicker reaction time, which could make all the difference in a game as twitch-paced as SRB2's match.

Replace players with giant red hitboxes and textures with shades of grey. In that way, it'd be possible to give yourself an unfair advantage in ringslinger modes if the sprites weren't required to be loaded by everybody.

Sure, there are purely decorative flowers which would work being client replaceable, but there's only so much you can do to the file loading system.

You can already make textures all grey! It doesn't make sprites red, though, but you have full bright chaos emeralds displaying as colors, so...

The ability to get keyboard inputs from the user, as well as the ability to create your own controls that can be mapped. This would give a modder the ability to:

• Create secret keyboard shortcuts (Up Up down Down Left Right Left Right A B)
  • Make a new chat box.
  • Allow the user to set up controls for an extraneous game or mod, without impacting other mods or the main game in terms of controls.
  • The ability to make instantly responsive menus.
  • Client-sided input reading.
  • The ability to type words into menus without having to introduce a letter selector.
  • The ability to create more advanced controls than SRB2 naturally allows.

More suggestion from me.

• 3D Title Screen
  • Bring back the "Chaos" Gametype but little bit hard
  • Make a boss rush
  • A new pause menu

Last edited:
I'd like an option that makes your current shield appear on the HUD rather than on top of your character, like in first-person view but for third-person. Trying to do precision platforming as Sonic with the Elemental Shield on is nerve-wracking, the shield blocks my view of the platform I'm trying to land on.

Trying to do precision platforming as Sonic with the Elemental Shield on is nerve-wracking, the shield blocks my view of the platform I'm trying to land on.

what

Er... Isn't the shield as big as Sonic's standing sprite? How on Earth are you having trouble precision platforming with a shield in Vanilla? The controls and momentum would be more of a reason to be nerve-racked than an animating shield...

How on Earth are you having trouble precision platforming with a shield in Vanilla?

Because

the shield blocks my view

The character already does some of that but I don't need my view blocked further. Though maybe it's just a me problem. But I do feel like I jump from tiny platform to tiny platform much better when I don't have a shield on and I keep slipping all over the place when I do.

It's a minor thing, but I'm similar. At times I've definitely avoided shields when playing difficult levels because I'm slightly worse at precision platforming when using a shield. The Armageddon Shield is the worst offender.

Another suggestion:

*Widescreen Support

I don't like that black borders, I use 640x400 for It but is a bad resolution for me.

So, it will be good to add a widescreen support for netbooks (1024x600) and other screens at high quality.

EDIT: I know about the distortion in HUD when a Non-recommendable resolution is used, but at least, to see at high quality the game with widescreens.

Last edited:
Have you tried STRETCH ON in the console?

We have an upper limit to what we can actually support, and what shows up in the menu is usually what the game can handle on your screen. STRETCH does exactly what you'd expect it to do, stretch the visual of the game to match the screen size, but it's literally a horizontal stretch so expect some distortion.

Have you tried STRETCH ON in the console?

We have an upper limit to what we can actually support, and what shows up in the menu is usually what the game can handle on your screen. STRETCH does exactly what you'd expect it to do, stretch the visual of the game to match the screen size, but it's literally a horizontal stretch so expect some distortion.

That command isn't working, my screen is 1024x600 (It's a netbook). It doesn't stretch.

Are you using windowed mode or fullscreen mode? According to the wiki it only does anything for the latter, and it only works when graphics are initialised on game startup.

Are you using windowed mode or fullscreen mode? According to the wiki it only does anything for the latter, and it only works when graphics are initialised on game startup.

Yes, I'm using fullscreen, then, if It works at startup, I need to use an autoexec.cfg for It?

Mmmm well, isn't working on game restart, nvm, I don't want to make this long, I'll stay with 640x400.

EDIT: Also, tested in another computer (non-widescreen, but tested with another resolution that makes black borders), and still, I think that I need a driver or something to make the command work.

Last edited:
What the stretch command does is, if you have the game set to a resolution that isn't a supported 16:10 resolution (such as 640x480), instead of letterboxing (rendering black bars) on the top and bottom, it will increase the vertical aspect ratio of the screen to fill the target resolution. The increase is purely vertical, so on a 16:9 or wider resolution it will actually decrease your viewing area. It has no effect if you're using a 16:10 resolution, and it doesn't change how SDL2 fullscreen displays the image.

What the stretch command does is, if you have the game set to a resolution that isn't a supported 16:10 resolution (such as 640x480), instead of letterboxing (rendering black bars) on the top and bottom, it will increase the vertical aspect ratio of the screen to fill the target resolution. The increase is purely vertical, so on a 16:9 or wider resolution it will actually decrease your viewing area. It has no effect if you're using a 16:10 resolution, and it doesn't change how SDL2 fullscreen displays the image.

Then, the stretch command stretchs the game screen vertically?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back