[Open Assets] Drop Dash Ability

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smol

Socially awkward.
Taking complete inspiration from Sonic Mania, this script implements the Drop Dash in Srb2.
Hold spin in the air until you hit the ground and you'll instantly dash forwards!
Any character that can do the spin dash will also do the drop dash.

DDAdd will add the drop dash alongside any main ability.
DDRep will just replace the thok instead. (More accurate to Sonic Mania!)

Attachments

• srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    7 MB · Views: 1,429
  • HatsDDRep.lua
    1 KB · Views: 776
  • HatsDDAdd.lua
    1 KB · Views: 913
Last edited:
Wow its pretty cool! I would prefer it to be at 2.1 thok speed. Since the Sonic mania DD looks much more rapid

This is not how the drop-dash works, if I remember right. Someone said you SPAM the jump button to charge it before landing. Then, it works. .-. Also, no specific animations for when the drop-dash is ready? I am disappoint.

You don't spam the jump button in Sonic Mania, it's a single button press that begins the ability's charge in midair. You release the jump button again within a small frame window upon ground contact to dash off.

You don't spam the jump button in Sonic Mania, it's a single button press that begins the ability's charge in midair. You release the jump button again within a small frame window upon ground contact to dash off.
This actually works a lot better comparing from the assumptions of the trailer/demo, especially for SRB2's case, since Sonic's thok is unironically faster than the drop dash in general. And just so that there's no more confusion about the subject of how the move works, here's Sonic Retro's explanation.
Sonic Retro said:
Sonic Mania also features a new mechanic: the drop dash. Drop dash works by pressing the jump button twice and holding it the second time. As soon as Sonic lands, he’s in a spin dash giving him an immediate burst of speed with no need to build up to max speed.
Hats has it on point by 80%, just gotta take out the thok, and make it a Jump Special.

New update!

Now that i think about replacing the thok, i thought it might work better that way.
So i have two scripts now, the one that adds the drop dash, and another that replaces thok with the drop dash instead!

I also changed the dash speed to be faster yet manageable.

Last edited:
Well, you kinda beat me to a release. I actually like this somewhat better than my own script, speed and presentation wise. Guess I'm going have to update my Skybase release- Great job, by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back