• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Rush Adventure 2
An old Srb2 mod

Well whatever it was, I did not steal or copy any content from other wads. The closest thing that you could say I adapted from, was me looking at other socs to get a basic idea on how they work. All content from this mod is either ports from the original games they come from, made by me, or taken by me with permission from owner.

All this talk about md2's and stuff for this mod is interesting. However, I cannot run OpenGL properly or without missing a couple of frames because my computer is shit not that powerful. Will it affect the overall gameplay if I run it in Software mode?

All this talk about md2's and stuff for this mod is interesting. However, I cannot run OpenGL properly or without missing a couple of frames because my computer is shit not that powerful. Will it affect the overall gameplay if I run it in Software mode?

As said earlier, this mod will be released in different versions:

Srb2cb PNG edition
Srb2cb
Srb2 original
Srb2 Wii

Both srb2cb versions will be exactly the same, except the png version will have png, and focuses more on opengl, where as the Srb2 original and Wii version focus to maintain a similar gameplay to the cb versions, while also working well with slow computers that could be classified as "shit".

Srb2 Wii?

Are you saying the Wii got updated to 2.0, but the DC is still in the 1.0?
That's not fair.
=*(

Wii Moding is too complicated.

Burning to a CD~Easy

DC as in dreamcast? Love that system. But now since my brother took it, I modded my wii to play gamecube games (since the cd thing is broken) and play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on it :p. A modded wii is amazing, I recommend it. Playing srb2 on wii using a gamecube controller, amazing.

I decided to remake some key parts of the portal maps due to it reflecting my old map skills.

also, a new companion cube level in the portal maps has been added.

Updated storyline to make Sonic Robo Blast 1 and 2 canon, as well as Sonic Generations (how sonic fixed time will be better explained by the Doctor, from the show "Doctor Who", not the crappy idea that their speed fixed it [my idea how they fixed time makes sense, is cooler, and helps the story of this mod]).

Updated Portal maps to have sound effects such as stepping on buttons, turrets activating, elevator movements, etc.

Defintely looking interesting. I wonder how are you going to fix time, but coming from you I'm pretty sure you're gonna pull it off easily.

And Doctor Who? Now your mod is going up a lot. Keep up the good work.

Defintely looking interesting. I wonder how are you going to fix time, but coming from you I'm pretty sure you're gonna pull it off easily.

And Doctor Who? Now your mod is going up a lot. Keep up the good work.

Doctor Who is a television show that first aired in 1963, and is still running on television to this day. The Doctor (the main character of the show) will be assisting Sonic, Tails, and Goku, and plays an important part in the storyline. In fact, this entire mod was possible thanks to Doctor Who, and everything will make sense and all have a connection with each other. Other games/tv shows will also be connected with this game, and will fix many plot holes in said games/shows. Do not worry, if you have not seen or played these games/shows, for they will not affect the story much, and the important details are explained.

Edit: Since I said that srb1, 2, and Sonic Generations will be made canon in this story, I will say this:

The story of this mod takes place 2 months after Srb2, and a couple (around four) months after Sonic Generations from Classic Sonic's point of view, however, he will not have much of his memories from Generations (explained in story by the Doctor from "Doctor Who").

Last edited:
Keep in mind if that's the case, you need to make all the other characters not remember anything as well. Also the elevator feeling, I wonder where it will stop.

Keep in mind if that's the case, you need to make all the other characters not remember anything as well. Also the elevator feeling, I wonder where it will stop.

Yep. The Doctor will give a full explaination as to why they cannot remember what happened in generations, and how generations has changed most of sonic's timeline, yet still keep it in place to not create a huge time paradox.

When will this map pack be available?

It will be released when fully completed. I will soon release a tutorial map however. (Due note I currently do not have the means of uploading it right now, and will be released when I find an opportunity to do so).

Also I am thinking of releasing other maps from other games, that will have no relation to the map pack in anyway in terms of story excluding how sonic ended up in that area, after the release of this map pack.

Also Update:
GLaDOS boss fight finished.
The GLaDOS boss fight will have the player incinerate four security cores (similar to portal 1's morality cores, and portal 2's corrupted cores) before being able to damage GLaDOS. GLaDOS' chamber will have a new design resembling an Aperture Science Weighted Storage Cube.

Cool note: with permission from owner, Chuckles.wad will appear for the transition from act 1 of Mushroom Hill Zone, to act 2.

Last edited:
I think this is going to be one of the best level packs ever. I would really love to see GLaDOS in action. Could you add more pictures once you completed something? And keep up the good work!

I think this is going to be one of the best level packs ever. I would really love to see GLaDOS in action. Could you add more pictures once you completed something? And keep up the good work!

I'll try, but I am having certain internet issues at the moment. But yeah, the GLaDOS boss is pretty fun, also fun to hear the spheres talking to you as you are about to incinerate them :p.

Truly amazing! I still wonder if the Dalek Ship is going to be in this pack? I am an amazing fan of Doctor Who recently, and would really love to see the Daleks in action!
Other stuff I wanna ask is, Would the Portal/Portal 2 maps have a feature of the Dual Portal gun? Or would it be just pressing buttons to solve the puzzle?
Can't Wait to battle GLaDOS with sonic!
As for Mine Craft levels, I did have an idea for the boss, EnderDragon time! Just an idea, but, that's if you think its a good idea? ^-^
Another thing with Mine Craft levels, if the game play in the original game is to survive or place blocks, etc. (Survival or Creative) Then, do ya think there could be some gameplay elements of disappearing fof's? Anyways, its just an idea/suggestion.
Oh, a few more things!
As for the Pokemon level(s), would it be possible to recruit at least 1 (bot) pokemon for the journey to the next level? until the boss fight has done its deal?
Once again, I'm surprised at a map pack being released, or a mod pack. Being the fact, this one will be "Way Past Cool!"
Can't wait to try it out!
"10/10" (logical rating)

Truly amazing! I still wonder if the Dalek Ship is going to be in this pack? I am an amazing fan of Doctor Who recently, and would really love to see the Daleks in action!
Other stuff I wanna ask is, Would the Portal/Portal 2 maps have a feature of the Dual Portal gun? Or would it be just pressing buttons to solve the puzzle?
Can't Wait to battle GLaDOS with sonic!
As for Mine Craft levels, I did have an idea for the boss, EnderDragon time! Just an idea, but, that's if you think its a good idea? ^-^
Another thing with Mine Craft levels, if the game play in the original game is to survive or place blocks, etc. (Survival or Creative) Then, do ya think there could be some gameplay elements of disappearing fof's? Anyways, its just an idea/suggestion.
Oh, a few more things!
As for the Pokemon level(s), would it be possible to recruit at least 1 (bot) pokemon for the journey to the next level? until the boss fight has done its deal?
Once again, I'm surprised at a map pack being released, or a mod pack. Being the fact, this one will be "Way Past Cool!"
Can't wait to try it out!
"10/10" (logical rating)

Well, the portal maps are mostly "cube and button" tests, along with gel fun with a mix of speed to add a sonic like feel to it.

the minecraft levels add an adventure sense, meani g you have to search for the goal post. I am unsure about a boss for minecraft, but I will think about it.

The pokemon Shinx will acompany sonic in most pokemon maps.

Daleks will be in the game, and the Doctor plays a large part in this map pack.

Well, the portal maps are mostly "cube and button" tests, along with gel fun with a mix of speed to add a sonic like feel to it.

the minecraft levels add an adventure sense, meani g you have to search for the goal post. I am unsure about a boss for minecraft, but I will think about it.

The pokemon Shinx will acompany sonic in most pokemon maps.

Daleks will be in the game, and the Doctor plays a large part in this map pack.

Portal 1/2 : Alright, but I'm guessing your using teleport player as the portals?
Mine Craft : Well, I'll leave it to you to think about.
Pokemon: Shinx is amazing, but I still love Eevee(evolutions) a lot more. Otherwise this is a really awesome choice!
Doctor Who: OH BRILLIANT! I just can't wait till this pack is released!

Just, I'm amazed! As for the Tornado, would there be a part of code, or something, where you can fly the plane with a partner in co-op?

Anyways, This is going to be an amazing mod when it comes out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back