SRB2 v2.0.4 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

SRB2 v2.0.4 has been released. You can update your copy of SRB2 either via the launcher or via the updated EXE on srb2.org's download page. It is
HIGHLY ADVISED that you get this build, as it fixes several vulnerabilities that were present in past builds.

Changelog:

BUGFIXES:
- Fixed a gamebreaking crash involving CTF/Team Match and dying via an enviromental hazard
- Fixed a large handful of security vulnerabilities that let people exploit servers and verify themselves
- Fixed major issues with consistency protection not reading the correct amount of bytes
- Fixed "Zombie Bug" message spamming
- Fixed being able to still read a team's team chat while spectating
- Fixed missing patches for SRB2's console text drawing as blue squares
- Fixed a logic error involving spectators and clearing scores
- Fixed the game yelling at you if your IWAD was named srb2.wad
- Fixed not being able to F12 teammates in team match
- Fixed lots of other misc. issues to make the game more stable
- Removed the "Eggman" message with cv_scrambleonchange

With some luck, this version of SRB2 should be the most stable yet.

Get the updated EXE here!
Updater: Link

It is HIGHLY suggested that you get the updater, to ensure your exe is up-to-date.

Enjoy!

Offtopic: Just a second ago I noticed the 2.0.3 topic was locked! How unexpected! And I was reading the last page when it got locked!

Ontopic: Yay, another bug fix for us! Thanks Spazzo! *Downloads with Updater*

Aled The Hedgehog said:
Spazzo said:
- Fixed the game yelling at you if your IWAD was named srb2.wad
Who the heck would do that? N00Bs, I would presume?

Developers, actually. The IWAD was called srb2.wad up and until the very few hours before release, so if you still had a beta IWAD with a .wad extension, the game would yell at you and not start.

Well, My First Commens about it are. It reminds me of the old and good 1.04.9, It still has the lovely and old timeout XD, IT DOESNT HAVE THE ZOMBIE BUG (that's just nice =D) and it doesnt crash randomly.

Yep, Way to go, this is going to be the best version of 2.0

nightmare cenz said:
Well, My First Commens about it are. It reminds me of the old and good 1.04.9, It still has the lovely and old timeout XD, IT DOESNT HAVE THE ZOMBIE BUG (that's just nice =D) and it doesnt crash randomly.

Yep, Way to go, this is going to be the best version of 2.0

Actually, other have already reported crashes in this version.

I had the same comment about 2.0.3, but it changed. D:
I hope this build is pretty good!

For some reason I'm feeling like SRB2 is on Steam. I don't know weather that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I like the bug fixes.

Im getting dizzy of so many updates, at least this should help us relax while on netgames.

Well done Spazzo. Now that Mario Koopa Blast works, and the Zombie Bug is no longer present, I need to correct a sentence from your first post:

With no doubt, this version of SRB2 is the most stable yet.

Fix'd. (xD)

EDIT: What? I just recieved a perfect from the second level of Mario Koopa Blast. Wierd, but satisfying.

SpiritCrusher said:
Jellybones said:
I'm sure it's been like this before with past releases...
1.09.3.X for example.

That doesn't really count. 1.09.3.X was essentially a public WIP Beta release of 1.09.4. That is why there were so many.

2.0.X won't even be anywhere close to that. All it will get are bug fixes. The 1.09.3.X Series had way more then just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back