Linedef Executor question - Timing & action amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

I need a linedef executor that works every 30 seconds exactly 16 times. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'd suggest an invisible, intangible thingitem that uses A_LinedefExecute with some filler states in between.

If you don't want it to start on level load, you could always start the item on a state where it's oding nothing and then start it up by using linedef type 125.

Actually, I'm not sure that would work. Maybe you should use seestate?

Absolutely can not use a SOC. The goal is to be a contest map.
And I definitely want it to start on level load.
I'm trying to make a fake floor change every 30 seconds.

Box with a gargoyle in it. Put it outside of the map. Use a pushable object linedef executor. And conveyors.

Yes, I understand that.

My problem is actually getting the linedef to go every 30 seconds, and going exactly 16 times.

Every 30 seconds is something that has to do with trial and error. I wouldn't use 30 on the dot, though, because then it would be predictable.

As for the 16 times thing, each individual time should have a different intangible invisible FOF that executes, moves out of the way, and brings the next one in.

What? You asked for it. Don't tell me you seriously expected the map to play for 8 minutes on the dot.

It's a CTF map, actually, not a single player map, so level length of play doesn't matter all that much.
Getting the trigger to activate on the dot would actually be helpful, as what I'm trying to do is more scenic-based, not essential to design itself.

Slightly different way using a gargoyle is to use the change floor/ceiling height linedef executor.

lol details:
1. The linedef executor in question has a feature to start another one after it's done. Do this to get it to go 16 times.
2. And here's a formula: Distance to move/Linedef Length=Tics it takes to move. Use this to get it to go every 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back