SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 06-08-2014   #1
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Default SPOILER TAGS PSA - NOT JUST FOR SPOILERS ANYMORE: Why you should use them, and how.

This has been long overdue, but with how things have been on the forum with 2.1's movie feature and more reasons to record, this is important. Although the General Project Thread is closed for now, there has been an ongoing problem in it, and other topics: large amounts of (often animated) images. The animated GIF feature is fantastic, hell yeah, but for fucks sakes, we do NOT need to see 8 or more GIFs when we just wanna scroll through a page, and it's even WORSE when people QUOTE these images and load them AGAIN. But there's one VERY easy way to have your images and eat them too. Or whatever.

Spoiler:
With this fine forum feature, the Spoiler! [Example image irrelevent]

Now you too can have your stupid image wall without annoying people anywhere as much! But HOW do you use this mystical function? It's easy. Just do this:

[spoiler](stupidgifsgohere)[/spoiler]

Or, if you wanna say what is in it, or what you're spoiling, or whatever, use this:

[spoiler=whateveritis](stupidgifs)[/spoiler]
For example...

Spoiler: That same endless staircase gif.

See? If we already saw your post and don't want to load it again, we don't NEED to. So if the General Topic Thread comes back open or you need to post your level pics on one page, GIF or not, use spoiler tags, PLEASE. Think of your fellow users.

...Oh, and if your GIF is like, a million years long, use gfycat instead. PLEASE just link to a gfycat image instead. Nobody wants to watch a full playthrough of a level load in ANY circumstance.

Last edited by D00D64; 06-08-2014 at 08:48 PM.
D00D64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #2
Eblo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
If we already saw your post and don't want to load it again, we don't NEED to.
Don't images load anyway, even if they are in spoiler tags?
Eblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #3
Sapheros
Permanently Banned

The saddest part about this thread is that no one thought to implement it in the forum's features...
But it's at most nice to know...
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #4
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
The saddest part about this thread is that no one thought to implement it in the forum's features...
But it's at most nice to know...
Uh.

You do realize that that supposedly not implemented feature is being used to hide those gifs in the first place?
<toaster> i love you lightspeed
LightspeedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014   #5
Shadow Hog
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblo View Post
Don't images load anyway, even if they are in spoiler tags?
To be fair, even though they do (AFAIK), the same image being quoted a bajillion times will only need to load into your cache once.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #6
.Luke

Or you could avoid using IMG tags on huge GIFs altogether. GIFs that are 2MB and beyond needing to load is pretty annoying, but I've grown used to hitting the Stop button once I'm sure everyone's avatars are done loading, and I'll click reload on a specific GIF if I feel it's important to view.