SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives > Bug Reports (2.1.X) > Bug Report Cleanup

Old 03-31-2014   #1
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Default Brak Eggman Boss inconsistent damage types

2 small complaints here.

1. The lava isn't actually fire damage type lava like every other lava in the game.

2. Brak's flamethrower also isn't fire damage.

I want to question the electricity sparks doing electrical damage, but I have no way to check it currently.

Last edited by K.S.; 04-01-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2014   #2
Katmint

The sparks do fire damage.
Old 03-31-2014   #3
Fred
Retired

The flamethrower probably can't be fire because it'd drown out in the lava. Of course, there's no reason for SRB2's lava to be water, but that's another matter entirely.

The spark being fire would however be the only way to make it short out in lava, since there's no mobj flag for the other elemental types.
Old 03-31-2014   #4
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Maybe SRB2 should bring in a bunch of elemental flags? MF_FIRE(which we have), MF_ELECTRICAL.. etc then there could be a search in the code for sector(water) damage matching object damage, fire flies into lava, keep going as if it wasn't water, but if it touches water, poof.
Old 04-03-2014   #5
Shadow Hog
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
The flamethrower probably can't be fire because it'd drown out in the lava. Of course, there's no reason for SRB2's lava to be water, but that's another matter entirely.
It used to be that it was geysers of green liquid that came out from the ground which acted like 2.0 THZ slime, hence it wasn't marked as lava. #'dev kinda nudged me into making it lava (they didn't like me introducing a new liquid at the last minute), and I decided on pipes that dropped it onto the arena instead of geysers that shot it upward (such that you couldn't ride the top of the lava upward, due to how lava works in SRB2), but I guess I never got around to changing the FOF's damage type.

Might fix if another, more urgent issue requires attention with ERCZ, but otherwise, it works, why fix it?
Old 04-04-2014   #6
Fred
Retired

What I meant is that there's no reason for lava to be a water block at all. Lava in Sonic games was always just a solid floor you can sink a little bit into. Having lava be water leads to all kinds of problems and silly things, like fire being put out by fire, lava splashing around like water when you run on it, and being able to run into lava from the side and sink all the way to the bottom.

But that's beyond the point and it's just a thing that's always bugged me about SRB2.
Old 04-04-2014   #7
Shadon
Just kind of an asshole

In 1.9 - back, wasn't lava a water block?