SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 08-12-2011   #661
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
Hey Advanture series were awesome. If you hate Adventure and Modern series call yourself Classic Sonic Fan not Sonic Fan.
Okay, what is up with that "you are not a fan" bickering? Can we please agree on something? Fans of classic Sonic are just as much Sonic fans as fans of modern Sonic.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #662
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

TSSZ is not a news source, why would we read it?
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #663
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
TSSZ is not a news source, why would we read it?
I really don't get the point of all the hate. An Admin even removed one of my TSSZ links a while back because "It isn't a new source!" dilemma. It was a bit ironic since another Admin posted a TSSZ link in another thread.

TSSZ may have its problems but it still has some good information. The article posted by that user simply just outlined that there will be a mall tour. Inside the article, there were links to Sega of America's picture posted on Twitter. TSSZNews even asked questions regarding the Mall Tour right on Sega's Twitter page. Since the article in question takes information straight from the horses mouth, I would call it valid.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #664
Autosaver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iCG...&feature=feedu

Seaside Hill Footage
Chemical Plant Footage
Spagonia Footage
Old 08-16-2011   #665
Virt
Trollerskates

Spoiler:

Classic Tails, why you look super?
Old 08-16-2011   #666
Scizor300
footure semen

I must say, Seaside Hill and Spagonia (moreso the former) look way better than the original versions. Spagonia also looks like it might even have some more platforming for Modern Sonic this time around.

or it could be that it just looks really nice and i'm completely ignoring everything else. ;-;

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #667
Shiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iCG...&feature=feedu

Seaside Hill Footage
Chemical Plant Footage
Spagonia Footage

ADMUAIHCNYGQUIXMFOAIFK is what I said when I seen the robot at the end.

I. Am. Getting. This. Game.

Also, Seaside Hill looks like it has some Jungle Joyride mixed in...

Last edited by Shiron; 08-16-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Shiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #668
Azure

That looks amazing. I especially like the Seaside Hill Footage, or was it Ocean Palace? Either way this looks great. What I really want to see is some Sky Sanctuary Footage or some Crisis City Footage. I really want to see Crisis City this time around. Hopefully it isn't as bad as in Sonic 06.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #669
Shiron

It seems that every level has a twist to it...

Hopefully you can go inside the tornado in Crisis City like you did in Windy Valley.
Shiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #670
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Interesting Trailer, I like it. Seaside Hill looks less boring than the previous screenshots.

This game is still shit.[/sarcasm]
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #671
GREG THE CAT
That One Artistic Cat

Unless I see a Silver Sonic before the Sonic 2 Egg Robo (probably not happening), this will be a huge letdown considering we saw that last year in Sonic 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violo View Post
This game is still shit.
What was that about sarcasm?

So Generic Sonic gets the more interesting spin on Seaside Hill and Retro Sonic gets a Green Hill clone? My, that's disappointing. Oh wait, I'm forgetting, these are the same people who put a booster in the middle of a ramp in Retro's Seaside Hill because the physics still suck. (If you sincerely missed it this time that is)

This isn't Retro Tails being piss yellow instead of orange, this is them not getting the Retro gameplay right AGAIN. And here it's that much more blatant than it was in Chemical Plant where you'd notice the boosters for a short split second. And that's considering that our taste of Chemical Plant footage in the trailer with the loop showed that you're not building up any momentum whatsoever. In fact, it seems like you're losing it.

The Point: The level list is still dreadful, the visuals are the only thing that look attractive, and my opinion on the gameplay is obviously not going to change anytime soon.

Of course, this won't mean anything when this game sells like hot cakes like every other Sonic game. It's just as Chaos Zero 64's signature reads. And that's a damn shame. Oh well, have at your average games, guys.

And remember guys... Be original!
GREG THE CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #672
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG THE CAT View Post
So Generic Sonic gets the more interesting spin on Seaside Hill and Retro Sonic gets a Green Hill clone? My, that's disappointing.
But Greg! They can't add anything new or the retrofags will complain that it's not "classic" Sonic!
Old 08-16-2011   #673
Miyosaki
Back from the dead

Quote:
Unless I see a Silver Sonic before the Sonic 2 Egg Robo (probably not happening), this will be a huge letdown considering we saw that last year in Sonic 4.

So Generic Sonic gets the more interesting spin on Seaside Hill and Retro Sonic gets a Green Hill clone? My, that's disappointing. Oh wait, I'm forgetting, these are the same people who put a booster in the middle of a ramp in Retro's Seaside Hill because the physics still suck. (If you sincerely missed it this time that is)

This isn't Retro Tails being piss yellow instead of orange, this is them not getting the Retro gameplay right AGAIN. And here it's that much more blatant than it was in Chemical Plant where you'd notice the boosters for a short split second. And that's considering that our taste of Chemical Plant footage in the trailer with the loop showed that you're not building up any momentum whatsoever. In fact, it seems like you're losing it.

The Point: The level list is still dreadful, the visuals are the only thing that look attractive, and my opinion on the gameplay is obviously not going to change anytime soon.

Of course, this won't mean anything when this game sells like hot cakes like every other Sonic game. It's just as Chaos Zero 64's signature reads. And that's a damn shame.
The problem is that you're jumping to the conclusion that C. Sonic is getting the "Green Hill Clone" with only that 2 seconds of footage, and they showed the SAME footage twice. That's all you've seen of Classic's level compared to Modern's which had more footage to be seen.

I understand there's no changing your opinion Greg, But your idea of a good Sonic game is something that will take time on Sega's part. Look how long it took Sega to make Generations after games like 06 and Black Knight? Maybe in a few years we just might have that "Good Sonic game" you're going on about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG THE CAT
Oh well, have at your average games, guys.
I found this interesting, considering most of your post is quite the same on Retro, except this little retort, curious as to why you wouldn't post it there as well because, surprise surprise Greg, Retro seems to enjoy this "average game" too. Ah well, guess Hater's gonna hate I suppose.

Last edited by Miyosaki; 08-16-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Miyosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #674
GREG THE CAT
That One Artistic Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic 2 View Post
The problem is that you're jumping to the conclusion that C. Sonic is getting the "Green Hill Clone" with only that 2 seconds of footage, and they showed the SAME footage twice. That's all you've seen of Classic's level compared to Modern's which had more footage to be seen.

I understand there's no changing your opinion Greg, But your idea of a good Sonic game is something that will take time on Sega's part. Look how long it took Sega to make Generations after games like 06 and Black Knight? Maybe in a few years we just might have that "Good Sonic game" you're going on about.

I found this interesting, considering most of your post is quite the same on Retro, except this little retort, curious as to why you wouldn't post it there as well because, surprise surprise Greg, Retro seems to enjoy this "average game" too. Ah well, guess Hater's gonna hate I suppose.
I'm considering them a bloody bunch of hypocrites in all honesty. OSM's been real good at spotting what's wrong though and he seems to be disappointed more and more. The only thing this game has been doing spectacularly is looking good. We may as well be asking for a movie if that's the only thing they're going to really polish to the nth degree.

Well, it's like SSNTails said when the first Generations trailer was released. It took them too fucking long to get back on the right track. And even then, they haven't fixed their franchise. Yay?

Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit on Seaside Hill's Retro Act, but considering the shit the game's offering me it's all too easy to be rather cynical. Then again, I'm also feeling sorry for the newschool fans. Considering that Generations will be building on Colours' 2D sections, we'll go through DOUBLE the average platforming and they'll be sick of it before they even finish the game. I know I will.

And remember guys... Be original!
GREG THE CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #675
Autosaver

Is anyone getting tired of Sonic 2's Final Boss? We just fought him in Sonic 4, and now they are reusing him again in Generations.
Old 08-17-2011   #676
Azure

I was hoping for the Death Egg final boss in Sonic and Knuckles, but I guess this will suffice. (Insert sad face here)
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #677
Miyosaki
Back from the dead

I'm hoping also that this Death Egg fight is actually more then this one mech too, I'll be fine if it's this as long as the fight is different, but I think considering this fight is after Sky Sanctuary, I'd think it would be the Sonic 3&K mech. Who knows, we haven't seen it after all, anything could happen.
Miyosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #678
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

"...Finding mushrooms in the valley..."

Mushroom Hill has been revealed to be a stage in the 3DS version of Generations. Read all about it!
Old 08-17-2011   #679
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Quote:
What was that about sarcasm?
Oh I'm sorry, I actually forgot to specify it was my opinion ratger than an incorrect version of yours.

But anyway, unlike some of you guys (no offense intended) I think that Sonic Generations actually fixes some of the major flaws with the original games. Most of the challenging parts of Sonic 2 and 3 were actually very cheap gimmicks that forced you to remember the level's layout to avoid them. Mystic Cave is a good example. After one of the invincibility boxes, you are given a straight line to run in and then you're thrown into a pit with no way of escaping until the invincibilty wears off. I now only play Sonic 2 at a snail's pace to avoid dying. Faster and more carefree than Mario my ass.
Not only does Sonic Generations put a faster spin on the classic games and maintain the same amount of platforming, it also removed those cheap gimmicks, and if it does, gives you some warning. It actually has decent platforming that involves skill to beat properly rather than death pits thrown around with no warning and calling it platforming.

But I can still understand why you guys would be upset.
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #680
CoatRack
Official Community CoatRack
Developer

You know, from what I've seen so far. I am getting the hunch that the PS3/360 version will be Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 levels, and the DS version will be getting the Sonic 3 and Knuckles ones. But anyways, I need to save up money for a PS3 or 360 and get this game, even if I only get it for the Sonic 2 Final boss Machine. ;-;
I bet you can't make a face as crazy as this!
CoatRack is offline   Reply With Quote