Mr. Rust is a robot

With a heart

But now his heart is dead

Because his girlfriend left him.

This filled him with dread

And now he wants her dead.

Last edited:
my_last_year_on_high_by_longcriercat-d4h93sc.png

It only took me the first issue of my school newspaper's publication this year to get this out. Well, better late than never as they always say.

4j8s00g.png

These are some WIP sprites I'm working on (other than the Sonic, that's just for reference). It's basically a ton of Sonic Generations stuff in Sonic 2 style. C&C?

Last edited:

Dear god, that shading is sexy. Although, I think the springs look odd, and need to be pushed down a little, to make them less round. I'm not sure how to explain it, but try something like that to make them more of a half-oval than a half-sphere.

Since I'm posting, I might as well show off a sprite I was working on.
MotobugAni.gif

Behold, my incredibly horrible dumb disgusting attempt at Motobug. I'm going to be using it for a project I'm working on. (not dead yet, hurr)

Last edited:
I'm Intellegent...I forgot to save my work.............A+

Wow, nox, this is pretty damn cool. I'd tone down the opacity on the reflections, but other than that, stellar work. How did you do this, exactly?

Thank you for the compliment...I actually can't turn down the reflections though...because I was being very smart and forgot to save the project...Ahh well at least I have the picture.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MIGHT NOT MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE...
(you've been warned)....

To answer your question of how I did it. It's all 3D modeling. It's actually quite a simple scene. I made a sphere (UV) then I just extruded certain parts and assigned them different materials (its a little more complicated than it sounds). I copied the finished model and made 3 balls (cuz I'm too lazy to make each one separately). I positioned them then the rest is setting up the assigned materials...it actually can take a while to get them just right. render the final image and BAM! (Those are all of the main steps...as I said though it's a little more complicated than it sounds).

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I'm not sure if I posted this here, but I'm currently making a 3D model for a uni project, the progress of which can be found here: http://kingdomdelapin.tumblr.com/

Are you talking about Unity 3d? Ya know, the game engine?
(I have some experience with Unity with some "just for fun" projects...the real thing holding me back is that I can't code anything...there are just too many words and commands to remember...)

Are you talking about Unity 3d? Ya know, the game engine?
(I have some experience with Unity with some "just for fun" projects...the real thing holding me back is that I can't code anything...there are just too many words and commands to remember...)
*facepalms hard* no, uni as in university. I'm doing a Bachelor of Computer Science with a major in Multimedia and Game Development and 3D Modelling is one of the subjects.

This. This. THIS.

I've never seen a sprite like this so incredibly well-done. This is just stunning how you managed to do this. Although; it does look like a mirrored sprite, you only drew half of it and copypasta'd the other half. But who cares, this is beautiful.

How shall we keep our pregnant half-strawberries, half-women safe from cannibals now?!
The first version

the_monster_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4inixc.png

The second

the_monster_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4inixc.png

I'm not sure which I like better.

Last edited:
Yeah, I felt like when drawing Metal Sonic that something was off, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I'm still not sure whether his head is too tall, or if it's too big, or what, but I know for a fact that he doesn't look as streamlined as I wanted him to be.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back