"Greener" palette released alone...

Which "green" do you think is best for SRB2?

• Doom's(washed out green)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FireLaserBeam/Mine(the "cross")

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Download before voting please. I noticed that only 5 have actually downloaded it, yet I noticed that they're were 9 votes made. So before you all just click Doom, why don't you actually download it first. Its only 0.01 KB anyway.

NOTE: You've seen this suggested in "stuff to put in 1.1," but I wanted to actually release it, plus hold a poll, and discuss it a little. Also, I know this won't change gameplay one bit, and you probably don't really care, but please don't be baised when voting. Also, I'm not trying to "diss" you, Blaze, your palette just give me this idea. ALso, I not trying to force this into SRB2, I'm just explaining some crap.

Basically, this is a palette with the green colors looking more... green. Yes, I know BlazeHedgehog has done this before, but the green in his palette ended up looking strange in some areas, and was too hard on the eyes, with the Red and Blue values all being 0 in every green(it looks cool at first, but then SRB2 becomes a pain in the eye). So I decide the make a green that is a cross between Blaze's and Doom's... By cuting the numbers in the Doom palette's Red and Blue values by half.

Okay, I have "released" this already(in newcolors.wad), but some people didn't like the recolored textures, so I decided to release the "palette" that was in the WAD alone. I also wanted to hold a poll based off just the palettes. This probably won't change gameplay a bit, but having to see a washed out green in a Sonic game trying to act as the classic games really annoys me, plus it would help make the game become less "Doom-like" anyway. The only problem I see in changing the green is how sprites/textures will show up in WAD editors, as sprites/textures will show up with the "washed out" green, but that really shouldn't be a problem, as you should just shade the sprite as if that were the only green, then it will appear in SRB2 without any problems(perheaps a n00b will get confused when editing Sonic's sprites, though I doubt that will happen:roll:)

The palette that SRB2 currently uses, a.k.a. the Doom palette:

FireLaserBeam(mine)'s "cross," which looks greener, but is easy on the eyes:
BTW, the "cross" looks great in levels like AGZ, due to the grass not "blending in" with the white/grey/off-white textures around the grass. Still screenshots don't sum this up though...

BlazeHedgehog's bright, but not eye-friendly green(get it at "Adventures of palette editing" in the editing forums):

Also, this could maybe "help" during netgames, as the brighter green may be able to help those with lower res settings make out where everything is a bit more, like say when your enemy is running though the grass, or when you see a ring upgrade.

Of course, it wouldn't be in the releases section without a download link:
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=1771d4ac0026699b27d05fe2ebce1d80

Anyway, post your thoughts on this palette(the "cross"), and feel free to point out flaws to this. I am aware that this may be "pointless," but I just want the game to look more "Sonic-like," and not "dull/Doom-like."

Last edited:
I liked the Doom green, but it does indeed seem a bit washed out in comparison. Blaze's green is waaaayy too colorful. Yours is a tad too colorful, but it's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back