Sonic The Genesis (Demo 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wind said:
Some people say the levels suck horribly.

Well, i'm known as Shoop, Glint or Rocketfist on Netgames. In fact i was in your server not too long ago. And yes, the CTF levels were *bleep!*in' cheaped out. Why?

1. Clumps of rings + auto on the twin hills and frozen (w/e, it was the one where blue beat red 5-0)? OH NOW COME ON! Also somewhat cramped.
2. In the castle level. Again, Ring-clumps with auto-ring, but not just that. It also had railguns! And the cheapest ever 2-weapon-ring combo are precisely those 2. At least it will be fixed on 1.1, where it's ammo, NOT timed, and un-combinable. But hey, at least that one level fixes the cramp-problem. However, the springs at the back of the flag-zones weren't obvious. Buuut due to the no-ability-w/flag thing, this stops Tails/Knux players from cheating, unless another Tails helped.

I haven't tried the other levels...yet. I'll rate them later.

Shoopacabra304 said:
Wind said:
Some people say the levels suck horribly.

Well, i'm known as Shoop, Glint or Rocketfist on Netgames. In fact i was in your server not too long ago. And yes, the CTF levels were *bleep!*in' cheaped out. Why?

1. Clumps of rings + auto on the twin hills and frozen (w/e, it was the one where blue beat red 5-0)? OH NOW COME ON! Also somewhat cramped.
2. In the castle level. Again, Ring-clumps with auto-ring, but not just that. It also had railguns! And the cheapest ever 2-weapon-ring combo are precisely those 2. At least it will be fixed on 1.1, where it's ammo, NOT timed, and un-combinable. But hey, at least that one level fixes the cramp-problem. However, the springs at the back of the flag-zones weren't obvious. Buuut due to the no-ability-w/flag thing, this stops Tails/Knux players from cheating, unless another Tails helped.

I haven't tried the other levels...yet. I'll rate them later.
So you are shoop eh I had a feeling. anyways thanks for the feed back too. *NOTE!* some issiues/complaints may not be fixed in demo 3 since there are so many. >.<

Hey, don't crucify him just yet. Give him a chance at redemption. It's a chance everyone deserves. Besides, it's in releases, so logically someone liked it.

Continuation of my last post:

Ok, played the one-player levels.

HPVZ1: Tad short, but it took me a tidbit of thinking to finish. Also, 3 1ups. That is, if you include the rings (you put a bit over 200 of them)

HPVZ2: Easy-peasy. Too short. Also another unnecesary 1up, along with Jetty-syn gunnersat the end...The gunners I suppose could be used for points, but they're still unnecesary.

HPVZ3: Pah. Too freaking easy. Also, why the Armageddon shield? Finished him off with Armageddon Blast. Didn't hit me a single time.
(you activate A.B. with Armageddon shield, just jump and spin in air. BOOM!)

VVZ1: Took a while, again. The Infernal shield behind the camera was a neat trick...Unless you used Analog mode, probably. Also, edge-run, |_0|_. *shot for using l33t-speak*(the egde was big enough to run along) The 10-ringers looked cheaped out, but I realized that there were lava-type damage sectors. Also, for those who just can't get through the springs, try thokking at them, Sends you nice and far. Once you get to the last platform, just go down to the wall, find a red spring. I personally liked the jumps at the end. Not too challenging, but good practice. Also, why the high deathpit? And again, free 1up. -_-' (The last platform also needs yellow springs, not blue ones.)

VVZ2: I practically sped through it. Also, Speedshoes at end. Useless. And was it another high-death-pit-platform-jump area on the right?

VVZ3: WAY TOO FREAKING EASY! The eggbox and lava could catch a newbie, but not a racer like me.

Also, this was as Sonic. Imagine how easy this would be as Tails.

Ok, I just played it, and here's my review, and how constructive critisism should be done.

Hotsprings Village act 1: 1/10. Too short to be a single player stage. Too many rings at the start, and finding the spring in the water was annoying until I suddenly plunged out of the water, and it's also too bland, and lacks in scenery. You need to start this stage again.

Hotsprings Village act 2: 2/10: a small improvemnt, but again, way too short, and also has way too much rings at the start. It is too bland again, and lacks in scenery, The chaos emerald is too easy to get, and the deathpit under the platform doesn't work. Also why have you put the water effect to damagae players while the other stage didn't have that? it just doesn't work well. This needs revamping, or serious edits.

Hotsprings Village act 3: 3/10, just a normal boss map. It's ok. but it's too bland, and too many rings in one place. Spread them out a bit, also if you took a bit more time making this stage, it'd be better. Remove the armageddon box too, as it's a cheap way of beating the boss.

Ok, moving onto Volcanic Valley.

Volcanic Valley act 1: 3/10 it's slowly getting there, but again, alot of flaws in this stage. The stage is way too large, and there is hardley anything in it. The item & enemy placement was horrible, and the hazards were plain annoying too. Again, needs big edits.

Volcanic Valley act 2: 2/10: it's gone back to just like the 1st zone. Again, the enemy placement was worse than the 1st act, and it's too short. The only thing I did like in this stage was the texture usage in some parts. But this needs a revamp I'm afraid in my opinion.

Volcanic Valley act 3: 3/10 okish, but you shouldn't have monitors in there as it makes it too easy. Also, take a bit more time on this stage, and it would of looked a small bit promising.

Now onto the multiplaer levels.

Match stages:

Greenflower match: 1/10 too many rings in 1 place, and is way too small to play match in. You need to start this one again.

Twin Hills: 2/10 it's just 2 large sectors with water in the middle of it. You need to take time when you are making a stage. Also spread the rings out a bit.

SA2 City: 3/10 It's getting there, but not that far yet. It's a small version of starlit warehouse, but you need to work on it a bit more. My biggest problem with the stage is it could end up as a RP/Hangout level if you are not careful as most town/city stages are big targets for those.

Frozen Hillside: 0/10, unplayable in terms of playing the stage especailly as characters with no flight abilities, and way too small. Enough said.

Now onto the CTF stages.

Blizzard Hills: 2/10, too easy, and too many bomb ring placements in such a small stage, although I do kind of like the idea of those tree things. Make the stage bigger.

Greenflower CTF: 4/10, this one wasn't too bad in terms of design, although you could of spent a bit more time fixing some bits up especailly the rings, scenery etc. If you did, then this would of turned out good.

Midnight war: 3/10 it's slowly getting there, but again. you rbiggest problem is having the rings too close, plus it's too easy, and lacks in challene. Put some different gimmicks in or something. Look in the offical maps to get some ideas.

Final rating: 2 - 3/10. You need to really concentrate on 1 map at a time, and also some need revamping and major edits. Don't rush your maps, as rushing it tends to give you not the best of quality of the stages itself. Personally, I don't think you are ready to take on a large scale mod on yet. Make a few levels (and take your time on them) read a few tutorials, and submit them here. Then if you are ready, and feel confident in making a mod, then you can take that next step up.

I think as time comes on, I reckon you would be a good level designer, everyone starts new. I hope this feedback helps you in the future.

Sorry if this post did not come soon I was probably sleeping when you made this post and you are right im new to map making and honestly I think my biggest flaw is making the base of my maps a rectangle :( but this is what I will do in demo 3.... Edit HSPZ1 ending majorly and take away the extra life
I will delete HSPZ2 and redesign it to be more challenging and less easy,
HSPZ3 will not have the nuke shield and fix the glitch (Open GL only) that causes camera glitches samething im doing with VVZ1 like im gonna do with HSPZ1 I gonna edit the last half so both ending ways are more challenging Delete VVZ2 in redesign it as well (I see my 2nd act levels are the worse) and finally make VVZ3 bigger and add red crawlas with more deathpits and leeser rings add more eggman boxes. The only thing I will change from the multiplayer levels is Twin Hills CTF this was actualy the first map I ever made and was edited to have a thok barrier.

Sorry if this post did not come soon I was probably sleeping when you made this post and you are right im new to map making and honestly I think my biggest flaw is making the base of my maps a rectangle :( but this is what I will do in demo 3.... Edit HSPZ1 ending majorly and take away the extra life
I will delete HSPZ2 and redesign it to be more challenging and less easy,
HSPZ3 will not have the nuke shield and fix the glitch (Open GL only) that causes camera glitches samething im doing with VVZ1 like im gonna do with HSPZ1 I gonna edit the last half so both ending ways are more challenging Delete VVZ2 in redesign it as well (I see my 2nd act levels are the worse) and finally make VVZ3 bigger and add red crawlas with more deathpits and leeser rings add more eggman boxes. The only thing I will change from the multiplayer levels is Twin Hills CTF this was actualy the first map I ever made and was edited to have a thok barrier. MAJOR EDIT: this was posted two times how!!!!

I forgot to mention this but the final release of Sonic the genesis (maybe after demo 3) is planned to have 7 zones each 2nd act of a zone will have an emerald, Here is how its planned...

Hot Springs Village Zone (Done)
Volcanic Valley Zone (Done)
Nuke Factory Zone (Not started)
Crawla Base Zone (Not Started)
Freezing Forest Zone (Not started)
Air Born Ruins Zone (Done)
Egg Impact Zone (Not started)

And the final zone

Final Zone lol...
*NOTE* it will be very very very! hard to beat this without supersonic.
So yeah its gonna be a while -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back