Button in THZ2 does nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundder-senpai

Chuckle, there is Knuckles.
Umm, yeah. Techno Hill Zone 2 is my SRB2 favourite level in the 2.1. But there's a button near the beggining of the level, and even pressing it, doesn't does nothing.
AdML1LF.png

I want to know what was the purpose of that. I searched down the wiki, but nothing.

I dug into the map with zone builder. the button is a dud, it does nothing but get pressed

That's really strange, I mean the devs usually don't throw in something for no reason whatsoever, even the Eggman intro has more of a purpose than this.

IIRC it was meant to do something ...but whatever it was wasn't implemented by 2.1's release. Something along those lines, anyway.

can the rest of this thread be dedicated to theories lol

That is really strange, an oversight like that is quite interesting, 2.1.16 could add something, or will it be 2.2?

It was intended to do something in development but we never came up with something interesting enough for it to do. The emblem was placed there since it's an interesting spot, but the button's still there to do nothing. Eventually we'll either come up with a good idea for it to do something or remove it.

It was intended to do something in development but we never came up with something interesting enough for it to do. The emblem was placed there since it's an interesting spot, but the button's still there to do nothing. Eventually we'll either come up with a good idea for it to do something or remove it.
Considering the 2.2 preview shots of GFZ, wouldn't that area be gone? Isn't GFZ being completely remade?

If you were gonna make that button do anything, I have an idea of it opening a door to the emblem on there, moved into that room.

lol.. Imagine if this were a widely shipped game without updates and without devs to answer your questions. This would totally be fodder for 10 years worth of GameFAQs theories and arguments.

If you press that button during a very specific date and time on your computer, you unlock a boss battle against S̶a̶m̶a̶e̶l̶ So Sorry

If you press that button during a very specific date and time on your computer, you unlock a boss battle against S̶a̶m̶a̶e̶l̶ So Sorry

OFFTOPIC: Okay, that's clearly Undertale.

ONTOPIC: the idea of making it open a door to the emblem is actually a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back