Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask this... I haven't beat Spacewalk Zone yet, what with other things I've been doing, especially stage design for the OLDC. My question is: Do you ever actually see the aliens? It just seems like they need to make an appearance at some point if they don't already.

Who knows, maybe they could have something to do with the special stages?

Well, Charybdizs, they appear, but there are only their corpses in the beginning of the first act. The is no appearance of them is any other place.

And I also think it's time for real aliens, like SOCced enemies with different sprites, to look like an alien running desperately.

Kim, he talks about SWZ, your about AAZ, If I understood correctly. There are "dead" alien bodies on the floor in AAZ 1, but that's pretty much it. Eggman probably placed the enslaved aliens behind walls so you can't reach them? =P

I recall there being a post in this thread some time ago about how FawfulFan had considered replacing the animals freed from robots/Egg capsules with aliens. But evidentially, that never came to fruition.

I recall there being a post in this thread some time ago about how FawfulFan had considered replacing the animals freed from robots/Egg capsules with aliens. But evidentially, that never came to fruition.
That idea's about 25% better than my idea. Will this happen, Fawfulfan? It could also have some storyline bits in the zone intro scenes about how Sonic realises where Eggman's taking the "animals" from.

I don't have any plans right now to include alien sprites. I have plenty of other ambitious plans right now, and I'm a lousy spriter to boot.

Started more music. This time, I'm finishing up the themes I had going for Liftoff Gantry. I have one that is hard rock, and another that is a bit more ambient rock and brassy. I figure the latter will fit Act 1 better, what with the breaking into the base theme, and then the former one will be the epic climax.

The only serious spriting I have ever done is for the Blecch Bouncer (and even then, I promptly had others make better sprites based on my original design.) Other than that, I did a bunch of private sprite ripping when I was new, though I obviously didn't release those here.

Hey, useing fawful sprites would be funny, he is green so he look alien. (I know this is a stupid idea, just pointing out that it would be funny.)

You should hide Fawful in the game somewhere, kindof like RedXVI and Metal Knockout! Of course... Maybe you already did this and I don't know about it. :p

No, I definitely have not done that. Maybe it's a project for another time.

Oh, and by the way...can I expect the songs to come a bit faster once your OLDC project is done?

Last edited:
Well, Fawfulfan, you said there's a new easter egg. What is it? A Fawful cameo?

EDIT: I think Whackjood is right. Shouldn't be inside the Egg Capsule proper animals for each zone? I just don't get how chickens, cows and rats can run underwater in Drowned Downtown Zone, jump right inside the nitric acid in Fume Shaft Zone, fall down deep inside the outerspace in Spacewalk Zone and take a lava shower in Eruption Conduit. So I think that's a good point to change things inside the capsule.

Last edited:
Well, Fawfulfan, you said there's a new easter egg. What is it? A Fawful cameo?

EDIT: I think Whackjood is right. Shouldn't be inside the Egg Capsule proper animals for each zone? I just don't get how chickens, cows and rats can run underwater in Drowned Downtown Zone, jump right inside the nitric acid in Fume Shaft Zone, fall down deep inside the outerspace in Spacewalk Zone and take a lava shower in Eruption Conduit. So I think that's a good point to change things inside the capsule.

If you've ever played the games you notice that Robotnik placed them inside there before converting them to robots. They don't just climb in there, if that was the case then how they got into Lava Reef and Flying Battery Zones is beyond me. However aliens would be rather interesting, maybe some Wisps?
But I might be able to do something in MS Paint if I get the time. I'll see what I can do.

Here's a question for everyone: would you rather that the new version of Tortured Planet be one massive WAD, or split it into one for music and one for everything else? I am heavily leaning towards one big WAD, because I personally hate the inconvenience of downloading or inputting multiple resources. A single WAD will mean easier use, but it might make for a tougher download. What does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back